An operating company is one that provides a product or service. That compares to a holding company that often is staffed by administrative personnel and may be limited to executives and accounting functions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here?s What?s Next For Rackspace Hosting, Inc. Following Its Strategic Review
- A La Carte HBO May Be Closer Than You Think
- 3 Things to Watch In TIBCO Software Inc.'s Earnings Report
- Why Apple, Inc.'s iPhone 6 Doesn't Have a Sapphire Display
- 5 Things US Silica's Management Wants You to Know
- Are U.S. Biofuel Targets Putting Your Car's Engine at Risk?