An operating company is one that provides a product or service. That compares to a holding company that often is staffed by administrative personnel and may be limited to executives and accounting functions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here's Why Shares of the Sandridge Permian Trust Declined More Than 25% in August
- These Stocks Just Raised Their Dividends
- Why Scripps Networks Interactive Inc.'s Stock Fell 15% in August
- Is It Time to Sell GameStop Corp. Stock?
- 5 Things Las Vegas Sands Management Wants You to Know
- Why This Popular Insurer Lost More Than a Quarter of Its Value in August