An operating company is one that provides a product or service. That compares to a holding company that often is staffed by administrative personnel and may be limited to executives and accounting functions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- M&T Bank's Profitability Is Declining. Should Investors Run Scared?
- Warren Buffett Doesn't Know What He's Missing with This Stock
- You?ll Never Guess Which Fast Food Place Customers Think Is the Healthiest (Hint: It?s Not Chipotle)
- Tech Stocks Weekly: Oracle Corporation and BlackBerry Ltd Earnings
- 3 CEOs Who Impressed Us the Most in 2014
- Nike, Inc. Outruns Earnings Expectations -- Again