An operating company is one that provides a product or service. That compares to a holding company that often is staffed by administrative personnel and may be limited to executives and accounting functions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- NuVasive Earnings Look Healthy After Solid Results, DOJ Settlement
- C.H. Robinson Gets a Boost From Trucking
- National Instruments Ekes Out an Earnings Gain Despite Falling Sales
- Better Buy Now: Amazon.com or Wal-Mart Stores?
- Dynamic Materials Keeps Waiting for an Oil and Gas Rebound
- The 5 Most Surprising Stocks of 2015 (so Far)