An operating company is one that provides a product or service. That compares to a holding company that often is staffed by administrative personnel and may be limited to executives and accounting functions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Sirius XM Holdings Inc. Bucks Pandora's Curse
- HomeAway Continues Growth and Celebrates 1 Million Paid Listings
- Beef Prices Are Exploding! But Wendy?s Doesn?t Care, and Neither Should You
- 3M Delivers Again, but Mind the Multiple
- Will a New Telehealth Deal Help Castlight Health, inc. Stock Get Back on Track?
- Don?t Count McDonald?s Out Yet; Just Ask Starbucks