An operating company is one that provides a product or service. That compares to a holding company that often is staffed by administrative personnel and may be limited to executives and accounting functions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 1 High-Yield Dividend Stock I Would Avoid at All Costs
- How Big Could the Berkshire Hathaway Brand Get?
- IBM Earnings: Is More Pain Ahead for Big Blue?
- Warren Buffett Says That Mistakes Are OK
- 1 Way to Spot Great Investments That Nobody Else Sees
- How Our Fighter Pilots Benefit From Boeing?s F-18 Super Hornet Helmet