An operating company is one that provides a product or service. That compares to a holding company that often is staffed by administrative personnel and may be limited to executives and accounting functions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- To Win the Holidays, Amazon.com Pushes Employees to the Limit
- Does CurrentC Threaten American Express and Visa?
- General Electric Company Sees a Big Future for Wind Power; but 2015 Could Be a Taxing Year
- How 1 Company May Change Banking As We Know It
- Media Reports Another Solar Company Bailout, But They're Wrong
- A GMO Potato Is Approved, But Will Anyone Buy It?