An operating company is one that provides a product or service. That compares to a holding company that often is staffed by administrative personnel and may be limited to executives and accounting functions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Plenty of Upside For TFS Financial, and I?m Buying More
- Will Starbucks Become the Hip Panera Bread?
- Why Chipotle Mexican Grill, Barnes & Noble, and Moneygram International Tumbled Today
- What Are Yum! and McDonald's Biggest Risks and Chipotle's Best Asset?
- Why Coach Has Been a Fashionable Buy
- SodaStream Still Looks Cheap, Despite the Stock's Rally This Week