An operating company is one that provides a product or service. That compares to a holding company that often is staffed by administrative personnel and may be limited to executives and accounting functions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Samsung Galaxy A Is Here, But It Won't Matter
- Investing in Socially Responsible Companies: Tesla Motors Inc
- This Texas Restaurant Chain Could Become "the McDonald's of the Wing Industry"
- Where Will McDonald's Corporation Be in 5 Years?
- The 1 Factor That Could Send Obamacare Into a Death Spiral
- Amazon Fire Phone Is Officially a Massive Failure