An operating company is one that provides a product or service. That compares to a holding company that often is staffed by administrative personnel and may be limited to executives and accounting functions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why BreitBurn Energy Partners' Acquisition of QR Energy Is a Great Move
- Chipotle Is Just Getting Started
- Stock Market Today: Why Starbucks and Moody?s Are on the Move
- Disney and CBS Can't Keep Up with Comcast!
- 3 Stocks Income Investors Should Be Buying Today
- Was the Second Quarter of Del Frisco's Restaurant Group Really That Bad?