An operating company is one that provides a product or service. That compares to a holding company that often is staffed by administrative personnel and may be limited to executives and accounting functions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Apple, D.R. Horton, and VASCO Data Security International Jumped Today
- Are Apple Shares Still a Buy After Its Earnings Blowout?
- Under Nadella, Microsoft Is Finding Its Mojo
- Why United Continental Holdings, Fusion-io, and Eagle Rock Energy Partners Tumbled Today
- Polaris Industries Sales Soar, but This Stock Is Still No Harley-Davidson
- Why McDonald's Stabilization Plan Will Boost Sales