An operating company is one that provides a product or service. That compares to a holding company that often is staffed by administrative personnel and may be limited to executives and accounting functions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Microsoft Corporation Stock Slips Post Earnings: Bargain or Bull Trap?
- Macau Not As Bad As It Seems for Las Vegas Sands Corp.
- Here's How Citrix Systems, Inc. Just Beat Earnings Expectations
- Core Laboratories N.V. Earnings: Record Profits, but the Outlook Is Bleak
- Pursuing Profits? Meet Margins!
- Facebook Inc. Earnings: Profiting From Mobile Growth