Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- A Simple Hedge Fund Definition For Everyday Investors
- How to Get a Black Card
- If You're Rich, You Won't Want to Miss These 3 Tax Deductions
- Where Billionaire Investor Laurene Powell Jobs Puts Her Money (and Her Time)
- Is SunEdison Trying to Conquer the Wind Industry With This $2 Billion Acquisition?
- What Is Donald Trump's Net Worth?