Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- With Coffers Running Dry, Is Sears Holding Corp. Doomed?
- What Verizon Dividend Investors Need to Know In September
- 3 Reasons Alcoa Inc. Stock Could Rise
- Is Facebook One of the Best Companies in America?
- Better Dividend Stock: Annaly Capital Management, inc. VS. Realty Income Corp
- Is AT&T, Inc. or Frontier Communications a Better Dividend Stock?