Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Las Vegas Sands Earnings: Should Investors Worry About Declining Revenues?
- Is Visa Inc.'s Fat Dividend Increase Sustainable?
- 3 Reasons Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.'s Stock Could Tumble
- 5 Things Johnson & Johnson's Management Wants You to Know
- Life's Unanswered Questions
- Become Debt-Free With These Tips From the Trenches