Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Tackling Cancer: Leukemia's Biggest Current and Upcoming Players
- These 6 States Tax Inheritances the Hardest
- 3 Under-the-Radar Stocks Every Dividend Investor Should Own
- Should I Invest in These 5 FTSE 100 Shares?
- Here's What Billionaire John Paulson Has Been Buying
- Tesla to Raise Up to $830 Million in Stock and Bond Offerings