Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Warner Brothers Was Right to Take a Risk on Wally Pfister and ?Transcendence?
- This 1 Figure Could Keep the Stock Market From Reaching New Highs
- What the Rich Think Parents Should Teach Their Children About Money
- The Dow's Top Stocks of the Week
- How Ingvar Kamprad Made His IKEA Billions
- Dow Jones Earnings: What Intel and IBM Said About Tech This Week