Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. Aims at Big Players in Payment Processing
- 3 Value Stocks Near 52-Week Lows Worth Buying
- STAG Industrial Keeps Growing, but How Far Can It Expand?
- Facebook, Inc. Now Has A Massive Risk Just Sitting On Its Balance Sheet
- Why Blue Nile Inc. Stock Popped Today
- Why Verizon Communications Inc. Is One of the Biggest Warren Buffett Stocks