Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Shares of Bob Evans Farms Inc. Collapsed Today
- When ?Sin? Pays: Going All-in With the Gaming Industry
- 5 Bullish Reasons to Buy Danaher Corporation (DHR) Stock
- AeroVironment Bets Big on Its Future As Sales, Earnings Fall
- This Billionaire Thinks That Apple Inc. Should Buy Back Stock At All-Time Highs
- 6 Companies We'd Buy and Hold for the Next Decade