Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Could This Intuit-ive Stock Mint Solid Returns?
- Don't Buy a House Until You Read This
- How a Real Estate Appraisal Can Trick You Into Thinking You're Rich
- The 1 Way Amazon.com Is Catching Wal-Mart
- How Tiffany Plans to Shine Forever: The Advantage of Pricing Power
- To Buy or Not to Buy: Your First Rental Property