Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Larry Ellison Is Leaving Oracle Inc.'s CEO Post, But He's Staying Close to Protect His $48 Billion N
- 3 Value Stocks to Watch Closely
- A Balance Sheet Analysis of Weatherford International Stock
- Top Franchises: Investing in Famous Dave's
- Delta vs. United: Which Airline Will Make You the Most Money?
- High Yield Stocks for Dividend Investing: LinnCo LLC