Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Furnishes a Bright Quarter, Drab Outlook
- How Does T. Rowe Price Group Actually Make Its Money?
- 5 Key Comments From HollyFrontier's Management You Should Know
- Property Depreciation: Why the Tax Benefits Could Come Back to Bite You
- These 5 Companies Should Be Hedging Oil Prices While They're Cheap
- As Oil Prices Tumble, This Texas Bank Is A Great Contrarian Buy