Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Is SolarCity Stock Worth Today?
- 3 Reasons Workday Inc.'s Stock Could Rise
- 4 Surprising Things Kenny G Can Teach You About Money
- How Richard Branson Built a $5 Billion Fortune From Scratch
- If Cheap Oil Prices Are Good for the Economy, Why Is the Stock Market Down?
- What the SEC Revealed About Annaly Capital Management, Inc.