Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is ConocoPhillips Making the Right Choice to Abandon Deepwater Exploration?
- Johnson & Johnson's Latest FDA Approval Could Spell Problems for Amgen
- 3 Reasons to Sell GameStop, 1 Reason to Buy
- 5 Things Halcon Resources Corp. Wants You to Know
- Tech Dividends: Finding Yields That Are Real
- This Just In: Upgrades and Downgrades