Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Apple, Inc.'s iPhone 6 Fuels Another Strong Quarter
- Is Whiting Petroleum Corp a Buy?
- 5 Things Investors Need to Know About Amazon's Web Services Financial Results
- 3 Reasons Bank of America Is Less Profitable Than Its Peers
- Is Verizon Right to Sacrifice Subscribers for Profits?
- This Company Is the Best Investment Pure Play in Wearables