Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- In Case You Missed It: 3 Big Things From the Phillips 66 Earnings Call
- The Most Expensive Stock in Transportation Worth Buying
- Is This Tiny Biotech Still a Buy at All-Time Highs?
- The Best Dividend Stock You Probably Didn't Know Warren Buffett Owned
- Allied Capital: 5 Years After its Downfall
- 3 Things You Need to Know About XOMA Corp.