Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Guy Who Broke the Bank of England Is Betting on Facebook and Apple. Should You?
- Why Plug Power Inc. Has Skyrocketed 271% in 2014
- Is It Time to Buy BP's Stock?
- 7 Things Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Is It Time to Buy Boeing Stock?
- What Could Cause LINN Energy LLC?s Stock to Skyrocket in 2014?