Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why SolarWinds, Inc. Stock Popped Today
- Visa Sinks the Dow Jones
- Why Intel Corporation Stock Could Yet Again Outperform in 2015
- Will Second-Quarter Earnings Launch Colgate-Palmolive to New All-Time Highs?
- 3 Reasons to Invest in This Auto Infotainment Market Leader
- Why The Bancorp Inc Saw Its Stock Plummet Today