Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Value Stocks You Should Consider
- 3 Reasons Actavis plc Stock Could Rise
- 3 Reasons Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. Stock Could Rise
- Could the Costliest Divorce Ever Make This Woman Richer Than Oprah?
- Can America's Wealthy Make Embraer SA's Dream Come True?
- Softbank Knows It Needs More Than Sprint, but It Had Better Act Fast