Net debt is the level of debt remaining assuming all cash and equivalents were used to immediately pay off some (or all) of the debt. A negative number means more cash than debt.
<math>Net\ debt = Total\ debt - cash\ and\ equivalents</math>
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why NorthStar Realty Finance, Select Medical, and Global Ship Lease Are Today's 3 Best Stocks
- Rowan Companies Has Made a Big Mistake
- Tuesday's Top Upgrades (and Downgrades)
- Why Given Imaging, Prana Biotechnology, and Alpha Natural Resources Are Today's 3 Best Stocks
- Any Risk-Tolerant Investor Has to Check out This Pipeline Operator From South America
- Is Dow Chemical Making a Mistake by Exiting Its Oldest Business?