Net debt is the level of debt remaining assuming all cash and equivalents were used to immediately pay off some (or all) of the debt. A negative number means more cash than debt.
<math>Net\ debt = Total\ debt - cash\ and\ equivalents</math>
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Priceline Group's Stock Is Up More Than 37% in the Past Year
- Why More Deals Could Be on the Way in the Bakken
- Texas Instruments Incorporated Beats Q2 Targets, Sets Q3 Bar High
- Shorts Are Piling Into These Stocks. Should You Be Worried?
- What Sparked Gentiva Health Services, Inc. Stock's Surprising Surge
- 1 Great Dividend You Can Buy Right Now