Net debt is the level of debt remaining assuming all cash and equivalents were used to immediately pay off some (or all) of the debt. A negative number means more cash than debt.
<math>Net\ debt = Total\ debt - cash\ and\ equivalents</math>
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Vale SA (ADR) Q2 Earnings: Improvement in Iron Ore Business?
- Is SunEdison Trying to Conquer the Wind Industry With This $2 Billion Acquisition?
- Embraer Loses Altitude as Defense Prospects Sour
- Northrop Grumman Knocks It Out of the Park
- Rockwell Collins Stock Gets Its Wings Clipped
- Total SA Just Showed Big Oil How to Handle a Market Downturn