Net debt is the level of debt remaining assuming all cash and equivalents were used to immediately pay off some (or all) of the debt. A negative number means more cash than debt.
<math>Net\ debt = Total\ debt - cash\ and\ equivalents</math>
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Thursday's Top Upgrades (and Downgrades)
- Should I Invest in National Grid?
- Why Compass Group, easyJet, and Barratt Developments Should Beat the FTSE 100 Today
- 2 Scenarios Where Buy and Hold Rarely Works
- FTSE Shares That Soared and Plunged This Week
- Gaming Stock Duel: MGM Resorts vs. Caesars Entertainment