Net debt is the level of debt remaining assuming all cash and equivalents were used to immediately pay off some (or all) of the debt. A negative number means more cash than debt.
<math>Net\ debt = Total\ debt - cash\ and\ equivalents</math>
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- SandRidge Energy Inc. Takes Another Step Forward
- Why Dunkin' Brands Is Failing to Inspire Investors
- FerrellGas Partners Took a 12% Dip in September, Here's Why
- AB InBev's Offer for SABMiller: Cheap or an Amazing Price?
- Star Gas Partners Couldn't Fight Industry Trends and Tanked 15% in September
- Despite the Progress, SandRidge Energy Inc. Still Has a Long Way to Go