Net debt is the level of debt remaining assuming all cash and equivalents were used to immediately pay off some (or all) of the debt. A negative number means more cash than debt.
<math>Net\ debt = Total\ debt - cash\ and\ equivalents</math>
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Most Expensive Stock in Transportation Worth Buying
- Why Does United Parcel Service Trade at a Premium to FedEx?
- This Airline Could Double Profits but Not Raise Its Dividend
- Don't Miss the Hidden Value in Honeywell International (HON) Stock
- Why Embraer SA (ADR) Shares Plunged 12% Today
- Avoid Petrobras Shares. Here's why.