Net debt is the level of debt remaining assuming all cash and equivalents were used to immediately pay off some (or all) of the debt. A negative number means more cash than debt.
<math>Net\ debt = Total\ debt - cash\ and\ equivalents</math>
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Reasons I'm Excited About K+S AG's Stock
- The Next Blue Chip Stocks: Las Vegas Sands
- Arcos Dorados Stock Crashes 53% So Far in 2014: Should You Buy Now?
- The Next Blue Chip Stocks: National Oilwell Varco
- Cirrus Logic, Inc.: Understanding the Apple Inc. Concentration Risk
- Cheap Stocks Wall Street Loves: Melco Crown