Morningstar style box
Morningstar has broken down the world of domestic mutual funds into small-, medium-, and large-cap funds and by objective -- growth, value, or blend. The Morningstar style box looks like a tic-tac-toe board.
Once you know which "style box" a fund is in, you can compare it with the other mutual funds that are similarly classified, and in many cases to a relevant index fund.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What's Driving the Big Spending on Mergers and Acquisitions
- Hershey vs. Tootsie Roll: Which Stock's Dividend Dominates?
- Why Did Steve Jobs Only Make $1 a Year? (and What Can You Learn From It)
- Why Small Is the New Big for This Organic Food Retailer
- Why Amazon.com Should Disrupt the Television Industry
- Starbucks Makes a Big Bet on New Product Mix in 2014