MOMENTIVE is a privately held subsidiary of Apollo Management LP
Momentive was formed by Apollo Management in 2006 when it acquired the GE Silicones business. Hexion is also part of Momentive. It operates as Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc. The product line includes quartz and ceramics in addition to silicones and sealants, as well as phenolic and amino resins, acrylic monomers, unsaturated polyester resins, coatings, composite resins, epoxy resins, uv curable coatings, textile resins, wax products, and forest product resins.
In 2014, Wall Street Journal reported that Momentive would miss an interest payment due April 15, and prepared to file bankruptcy.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Key Market Signal Says Oil Is Heading to $60 a Barrel
- Apple Watch Better Be More iPhone Than iPad
- Exclusive: Zillow Group Inc. Panel Talks Mobile, Acquisitions and Plans for 2015
- And the Winner for Best Oscar Night Goes to ? Facebook?
- Ensco: The Latest Offshore Driller to Slash Its Dividend
- Announcing My Next "Outsider" Investment...