MOMENTIVE is a privately held subsidiary of Apollo Management LP
Momentive was formed by Apollo Management in 2006 when it acquired the GE Silicones business. Hexion is also part of Momentive. It operates as Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc. The product line includes quartz and ceramics in addition to silicones and sealants, as well as phenolic and amino resins, acrylic monomers, unsaturated polyester resins, coatings, composite resins, epoxy resins, uv curable coatings, textile resins, wax products, and forest product resins.
In 2014, Wall Street Journal reported that Momentive would miss an interest payment due April 15, and prepared to file bankruptcy.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Tech Stocks That Could Disappoint This Earnings Season
- Pandora Media Inc Spends $450 Million Remixing Its Business
- These Big Pharma Companies Are in Need of an Acquisition
- Twitter Inc. Beats Facebook to Compensation for Video Publishers
- What's Behind Ford's $1.8 Billion Push to Bring Green Tech to China
- Satya Nadella Explains Why Microsoft Still Makes Hardware