MOMENTIVE is a privately held subsidiary of Apollo Management LP
Momentive was formed by Apollo Management in 2006 when it acquired the GE Silicones business. Hexion is also part of Momentive. It operates as Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc. The product line includes quartz and ceramics in addition to silicones and sealants, as well as phenolic and amino resins, acrylic monomers, unsaturated polyester resins, coatings, composite resins, epoxy resins, uv curable coatings, textile resins, wax products, and forest product resins.
In 2014, Wall Street Journal reported that Momentive would miss an interest payment due April 15, and prepared to file bankruptcy.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Should Investors Steer Clear of Arista Networks?
- Apple, Inc. Has an Unusual Solution for People Who Can't Afford an iPhone
- Where Will Gilead Sciences Be in 10 Years?
- Could This Small Change Make a Big Difference for Twitter Inc.?
- The Real Reason Obamacare May Not Be Affordable After All
- Will Medical Marijuana Ever Be Covered By Medicare?