MOMENTIVE is a privately held subsidiary of Apollo Management LP
Momentive was formed by Apollo Management in 2006 when it acquired the GE Silicones business. Hexion is also part of Momentive. It operates as Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc. The product line includes quartz and ceramics in addition to silicones and sealants, as well as phenolic and amino resins, acrylic monomers, unsaturated polyester resins, coatings, composite resins, epoxy resins, uv curable coatings, textile resins, wax products, and forest product resins.
In 2014, Wall Street Journal reported that Momentive would miss an interest payment due April 15, and prepared to file bankruptcy.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Some Americans Won't Give Up Cable No Matter What the Economy Does
- The Best Way to Invest Money in Wearable Tech
- 3 Things to Watch in Main Street Capital Corporation's Earnings
- Is There Life After a 75% Dividend Cut for Natural Resource Partners LP?
- 3 Promising Dividend Stocks under $10
- Amazon.com Inc. Takes Aim at Priceline, Orbitz, and Expedia With This Recent Move