MOMENTIVE is a privately held subsidiary of Apollo Management LP
Momentive was formed by Apollo Management in 2006 when it acquired the GE Silicones business. Hexion is also part of Momentive. It operates as Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc. The product line includes quartz and ceramics in addition to silicones and sealants, as well as phenolic and amino resins, acrylic monomers, unsaturated polyester resins, coatings, composite resins, epoxy resins, uv curable coatings, textile resins, wax products, and forest product resins.
In 2014, Wall Street Journal reported that Momentive would miss an interest payment due April 15, and prepared to file bankruptcy.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Harsh Truth About Goldman Sachs
- Schlumberger vs. Halliburton: You'll Never Guess Which Is Really the Most Undervalued
- BofI Holding, Inc. Banks Another Blowout Quarter, but the Market Is Not Impressed
- Northrop Grumman Corporation Earnings: 2 Numbers Tell You All You Need to Know
- Why Banks Are Worried About Low Oil Prices
- 12 Thoughts About Investing and the Economy