MOMENTIVE is a privately held subsidiary of Apollo Management LP
Momentive was formed by Apollo Management in 2006 when it acquired the GE Silicones business. Hexion is also part of Momentive. It operates as Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc. The product line includes quartz and ceramics in addition to silicones and sealants, as well as phenolic and amino resins, acrylic monomers, unsaturated polyester resins, coatings, composite resins, epoxy resins, uv curable coatings, textile resins, wax products, and forest product resins.
In 2014, Wall Street Journal reported that Momentive would miss an interest payment due April 15, and prepared to file bankruptcy.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Don't Worry About the Next Drop -- Plan for It
- A Samsung Group Foldable Phone Shouldn't Scare Apple Inc.
- An Argument for Buying Expensive Stocks
- Freeport-McMoRan Inc's Latest Mine Trouble Singles Out a Huge Risk That Won't Go Away
- Did the U.N. Just Ruin This $5 Billion Monsanto Business?
- 3 Cheap Growth Stocks You Can Buy Right Now