MOMENTIVE is a privately held subsidiary of Apollo Management LP
Momentive was formed by Apollo Management in 2006 when it acquired the GE Silicones business. Hexion is also part of Momentive. It operates as Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc. The product line includes quartz and ceramics in addition to silicones and sealants, as well as phenolic and amino resins, acrylic monomers, unsaturated polyester resins, coatings, composite resins, epoxy resins, uv curable coatings, textile resins, wax products, and forest product resins.
In 2014, Wall Street Journal reported that Momentive would miss an interest payment due April 15, and prepared to file bankruptcy.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things American Tower Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Is Ambarella Stock a Buy?
- Better Dividend Stock: Bank of America Corp vs. New York Community Bancorp
- Social Media Swandive? What Happened With Facebook Inc, Twitter Inc and LinkedIn Corp?s Earnings
- Hands-on With Microsoft's Windows 10 Operating System on a PC
- 1 Statistic That Demonstrates Why the Marijuana Movement Is So Powerful