Met coal is short for metallurgical coal, aka coking coal, which is used to make steel.
EXPANDED DEFINITION HERE
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
- Steam coal, aka thermal coal
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- BHP Billiton Ltd Shows No Mercy for Weaker Producers
- Which Coal Miner Will Throw in the Towel Next?
- Walter Energy Inc Is in a Race Against the Clock
- Improved Thermal Coal Outlook Brings No Relief to Alpha Natural Resources Inc
- China Is Punishing American Companies By Not Addressing This Issue
- Wildly Expensive Natural Gas Gives Hope to Coal Miners