MetLife (NYSE: MET) provides insurance and financial services in the U.S. It is headquartered in New York, New York and was founded in 1999.
MetLife, Inc. is a Delaware corporation incorporated in 1999. Its subsidiaries include Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (“MLIC”). MetLife is a leading provider of insurance, employee benefits and financial services with operations throughout the United States and the Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific regions. Through its subsidiaries and affiliates, MetLife offers life insurance, annuities, auto and home insurance, retail banking and other financial services to individuals, as well as group insurance and retirement & savings products and services to corporations and other institutions.
Source: MetLife, Inc. May 7th, 2009 10-Q
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- American International Group: Why The Warrants May be a Better Bet Than The Common Stock
- This 1 Sentence Piqued My Interest in the Upcoming IPO of a General Electric Company Business
- MetLife?s Strong International Franchise Won't Be Hurt by Russia-Ukraine Tensions
- MetLife: An Excellent Stock at a Reduced Price - For a Limited Time
- How Long Will Regulation Stifle Buybacks At American International Group, Metlife, and Prudential?