Maturity date is the date on which a bond or other debt security expires. On that date, the security stops earning interest, and the issuer is obligated to return the face value of the security as principal.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons RF Micro Devices' Stock Could Fall
- Retiring Soon? Don't Cash Out of the Stock Market Yet
- United Airlines' Apple-Flavored Airport Upgrade
- With Coffers Running Dry, Is Sears Holding Corp. Doomed?
- 5 Things Men's Wearhouse's Management Wants You to Know
- Retiring Soon? Here Are 3 Important Things to Think About