Maturity date is the date on which a bond or other debt security expires. On that date, the security stops earning interest, and the issuer is obligated to return the face value of the security as principal.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Surging Natural Gas Production Will Fuel This Stock
- Why Magellan Midstream Partners May Belong in Your Portfolio
- Kinder Morgan's CO2 Operations Are No "Weak Link"
- March Sales: Strength From Costco and Walgreen, Gap Disappoints
- Why a Wisecracking Raccoon Will Lead 'Guardians of the Galaxy' to Box Office Glory
- How Do Sonic, Starbucks, and McDonald?s Score for Customer Experience?