Maturity date is the date on which a bond or other debt security expires. On that date, the security stops earning interest, and the issuer is obligated to return the face value of the security as principal.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Did Researchers Just Discover a Functional Cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy?
- 3 Stocks That Could Crash in 2015
- 5 Things Archer Daniels Midland Management Wants You to Know
- Beware This "Low-Risk" Investment
- Attention Bond Investors: Danger May Lie Ahead
- 7 Things to Know About the Social Security Trust Fund