Maturity date is the date on which a bond or other debt security expires. On that date, the security stops earning interest, and the issuer is obligated to return the face value of the security as principal.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Have Low Expectations Already Been Priced in for Transocean Ltd.?
- Why Chipotle Should Be in No Rush to Expand ShopHouse
- Shorts Are Piling Into These Stocks. Should You Be Worried?
- How Twitter Can Overthrow Facebook and Google
- The Walt Disney Company Just Launched a Digital Movie Service. Should Netflix Investors Run Scared?
- Can Alexion Pharmaceuticals Remain a Top Orphan Drugmaker in the Years Ahead?