Maturity date is the date on which a bond or other debt security expires. On that date, the security stops earning interest, and the issuer is obligated to return the face value of the security as principal.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Biggest Mergers and Acquisitions in Cable
- Want to Retire Rich? Keep Your 401(k) Choices Simple
- Don't Buy American Realty Capital Properties (ARCP) Until It Does This
- Could This Airplane Replace the A-10 Warthog?
- What Financial Risks Are You Willing to Take in Retirement?
- Apple Just Made a Change That Could Dramatically Improve iOS Games