The fundamental materials science is chemistry. However, the term materials science often implies the study of new materials to find unique, high performance applications for those materials.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Shares of the Dow Chemical Company Could Drop This Week
- Orbital Sciences Corp. Surged Despite Weak Earnings
- 5 Companies Boosting Their Dividend by at Least 200% in the 1st Quarter
- Why Organovo Holdings, Gogo, and National Bank of Greece Tumbled Today
- The Procter & Gamble Company Selling Major Pet Care Stake for $2.9 Billion
- Exercise Caution With Molycorp Inc for Now