Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Does Natural Gas Transportation Have What It Takes to Thrive?
- 5 Things Magellan Midstream Partners' CEO Wants You to Know
- Enbridge Energy Partners Headline Earnings Don't Tell the Whole Story
- 3 Income Stocks You Don?t Have to Babysit
- Teekay LNG Partners LP: 3 Things You Need to Know After Earnings
- Why Sunoco LP Stock Fell 12% in July