Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- MLP Basics: A Simple Way to Understand Master Limited Partnerships
- The Best Return on Equity in Oil and Gas Stocks
- Oil Dividend Stocks: 3 Facts All Frack Sand Investors Need to Know
- Warren Buffett's Portfolio: 3 Oil Stocks the Oracle of Omaha Should Love
- 3 Safe Investments in Natural Gas
- When Will Breitburn Energy Partners L.P.?s Operating Costs Fall in Tandem With Oil Prices?