Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why BreitBurn Energy Partners' Acquisition of QR Energy Is a Great Move
- German Soccer Can Teach You About Retirement Planning
- Think You Missed the Boat on Emerge Energy Services? Think Again
- Kinder Morgan Knows What It Needs to Fix
- The 1 Best Dividend Investment for Natural Gas
- Why Income-Seeking Investors Should Consider MLPs