Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. Earnings Fall, But Still Beat Expectations
- American Express Bluebird: A Solid Alternative to Checking Accounts
- Why Smart Money Loves This Energy Stock
- Energy Investing 101: Seeking Out the Best Oil Services Stocks
- Valero Earnings: Why This Refiner Shot the Lights Out Last Quarter
- Oil Dividend Stocks: 4 High-Yielding MLPs That Just Raised Their Payouts as Much as 30%