Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Don't Make This MLP Mistake
- Why Boardwalk Pipeline Partners' Stock Has Crashed 26.5% in 2014
- High Yield Stocks for Dividend Investing: Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P.
- High Yield Stocks for Dividend Investing: LinnCo LLC
- 5 Things Duke Energy Corp Wants You to Know
- Why Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. Stock Is Surging Today