Master Limited Partnership
Master Limited Partnerships, or MLPs, are publicly traded securities that offer the tax benefits of limited partnerships.
MLPs are not subject to corporate income tax, instead they pass income through to the holders of their shares, often referred to as units. MLPs pay a distribution, which can be made up of taxable income and return of capital.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Energy Transfer Partners LP Stock Is Going Nowhere in 2014
- Here's How You Can Find a Great Dividend Stock
- 3 Convincing Reasons to Add Prospect Capital Corporation to an Income Portfolio
- 3 Reasons Dominion Resources' Stock Could Rise
- Why Enterprise Products Partners L.P. Stock Has Surged 20% in 2014
- What Could Cause LINN Energy LLC?s Stock to Skyrocket in 2014?