Market share is 100 x sales of the company/total sales in the category expressed as a percentage.
A company with higher market share, i.e. a market leader, can have lower cost and can more easily defend market share. Competitors cannot duplicate the advantage because their plants cannot be as large without gaining market share.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Union Pacific Corporation's Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Reasons SodaStream International Ltd.?s Stock Could Rise
- Is It Time to Buy Electronic Arts Stock?
- Is It Time to Buy Bank of America Corp's Stock?
- HEICO Corporation Makes up for So-So Earnings With Sky-High Guidance
- Germany Tells Russia It's Open for Business