Market share is 100 x sales of the company/total sales in the category expressed as a percentage.
A company with higher market share, i.e. a market leader, can have lower cost and can more easily defend market share. Competitors cannot duplicate the advantage because their plants cannot be as large without gaining market share.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- G2E 2014: Why Las Vegas Sands' Sheldon Adelson is Fighting Online Gaming
- 2 Things Windstream Holdings Inc. Dividend Investors Need to Know
- How Las Vegas Sands Might Be Investing $15 Billion in Its Future
- 3 Stocks I'll Buy if the Market Crashes
- What Is SolarCity Stock Worth Today?
- Prize-linked Savings Accounts: Coming to Your Bank?