Market share is 100 x sales of the company/total sales in the category expressed as a percentage.
A company with higher market share, i.e. a market leader, can have lower cost and can more easily defend market share. Competitors cannot duplicate the advantage because their plants cannot be as large without gaining market share.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why the Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge Is a Monster and Infiniti Needs to Build It
- Is This the Start of the Nuclear Renaissance?
- Government Money Meant to Save Houses Is Being Used to Destroy Them
- Is the Government Lying About the Housing Recovery?
- Wal-Mart and Food Delivery: Quietly Preparing for Success
- Target: Opportunity or Still in the Cellar?