Market share is 100 x sales of the company/total sales in the category expressed as a percentage.
A company with higher market share, i.e. a market leader, can have lower cost and can more easily defend market share. Competitors cannot duplicate the advantage because their plants cannot be as large without gaining market share.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Competitive Advantage of the Best Oil Stocks
- Why Shares of Galena Biopharma, Inc. Spiked Today
- Is Cisco Systems, Inc. Stock a Buy?
- Did BioMarin Bet on the Wrong Experimental DMD Drug?
- JetBlue Strikes Lucrative Streaming Deal With Amazon.com
- Time Warner Cable Investors Should Thank the Federal Government (Maybe)