Market share is 100 x sales of the company/total sales in the category expressed as a percentage.
A company with higher market share, i.e. a market leader, can have lower cost and can more easily defend market share. Competitors cannot duplicate the advantage because their plants cannot be as large without gaining market share.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Another Sign That Bitcoin Is Here to Stay
- Why American Vanguard Corp. Stock Jumped Today
- An Investor's Guide to the Reynolds American and Lorillard Merger
- What?s Ericsson Telling Investors About The Future For Mobile Infrastructure?
- How Baidu Plans to Go Global
- Google Fiber Is What Investors Should Be Celebrating After Earnings