Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Divergent Paths of Apple Inc's Macs and iPads
- This Week's Best Deals in Dividend Stocks
- Samsung Gets Silicon Valley Backing in Its Legal Battles Against Apple
- Does Goldman Sachs Have Another Billion-Dollar Business In The Works?
- Google Gives Good News on YouTube Advertising
- Baidu.com, Inc. Shares Slide As Third-Quarter Guidance Disappoints Wall Street