Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Acer Kicks Intel Out of Its Smartphones for 2014
- Why Warner Brothers Was Right to Take a Risk on Wally Pfister and ?Transcendence?
- This 1 Figure Could Keep the Stock Market From Reaching New Highs
- Why JPMorgan Chase, IBM, and UnitedHealth Group Were the Dow's Only Losers Last Week
- Intel Burns Nearly $1 Billion on Mobile in Q1
- April 15 and Beyond: Take Control of Your Financial Future