Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here's Why It's So Easy to Manipulate Ordinary Investors
- Houston, We Have a (Temporary) Problem
- What McDonald?s, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo Investors Need to Know This Week
- Starbucks Corporation Stock: Up 60%, but Still a Buy?
- Apple Inc. Will Likely Move to Higher-Resolution Displays With the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- Biotech's Bloodbath Is Ridiculous; Here's Why