Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will Apple Beat Google in Healthcare with iOS 8?
- 3 Surprising Ways Intel Is Merging Technology With Healthcare
- 5 Steps to Winning the Refinance Race
- 3 Fundamental Things About Investing and Life Charlie Munger Can Teach You
- Why Does Lockheed Martin Want to Put Exoskeletons on Workers?
- Xiaomi: The Apple, Samsung, and Amazon of China