Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Surprises From Sony's Xperia Z4 Flagship Phone
- Is A Bubble Forming In Facebook Inc.'s Advertising Business?
- Apple Inc. Crushes Earnings, Ups Capital Returns Significantly
- Oil Dividend Stocks: 4 High-Yielding MLPs That Just Raised Their Payouts as Much as 30%
- How These Centuries-Old Companies Are Innovating Today
- Some Americans Won't Give Up Cable No Matter What the Economy Does