Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Google Music Update Should Have Apple Scared
- Tax-Loss Selling: 1 Stock We'd Be Glad to Sell Right Now
- The 1 Thing I Wish Someone Had Told Me When I First Started Investing
- Is SolarCity Stock a Bargain for Investors?
- Falling Oil Prices Could Kill Environmentally-Friendly Jet Fuels
- This News Could Burn E-Cigarette Makers