Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will Tesla Motors Blow Away Wall Street When It Reports Earnings This Week?
- 2 Factors Leading to the Demise of Cable TV
- 5 Industries Worried About Peak Oil
- Should Apple Investors Worry About the iPad Decline?
- Is Tim Cook Wrong About the iPad?
- Will Kona Grill Be the Fastest Growing Restaurant Chain of 2014?