Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Wells Fargo & Co.'s Stock Is Up 12% This Year
- Why Apple Homekit Won't Be the Smart Home Product Flying Off Shelves This Holiday Season
- How PepsiCo Is Investing $3 Billion in Its Future
- Apple Inc. Could Be Headed for a $70 Billion Blowout This Quarter
- Could Sarepta Therapeutics Inc. Be Running Out of Money?
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co's Third-Quarter Earnings Beat the Street