Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Apple and Samsung Pass on Broadcom's Cellular Business
- Why Coca-Cola Slipped and Apple Was Steady After Earnings
- Microsoft Digests Nokia and Qualcomm Gets a 4G Boost
- Apple, Inc. Just Delivered a Solid Quarter
- Is Wall Street Overreacting to Netflix's Quarter?
- Is Seagate Technologies or Western Digital a Better Buy? 1 Metric Says It All