Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The iPad Mini's Days May Be Numbered
- Robert Half International Easily Beats Estimates, Gives Good Outlook on U.S. Employment
- OnePlus One Phone May Change the iPhone and Samsung Galaxy Landscape -- Just Not Yet
- Should Samsung Embrace Emerging Markets With Low-End Galaxy Smartphones?
- Will Google's Nexus Android Gaming Console Flop?
- Why Cisco Systems Inc.'s Buybacks and Dividends Are Not Enough