Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Under-the-Radar Cancer Immunotherapy Developers You Need to Know
- The Key to Unlocking Value in Solar Energy
- Kantar Worldpanel Brings Mixed News for Google?s Android and Apple?s iOS
- Obesity Statistics Take a Wrong Turn in This Latest Study
- The Retirement Number Secret No One Wants to Tell You
- Did This Federal Study Just Imply That Marijuana Is Safer Than Alcohol?