Market research is the process of investigating the total market for a product or service. That would include the total size of the market, the products and market share of competitors, the needs and wants of customers, sometimes of substitute products or services, and anticipating future changes caused by factors like new technology, regulations, styles, shifts in demographics, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Growth Driver Johnson & Johnson Investors Need to Watch
- Microsoft Inc. Shareholders, Watch Out! Customers Aren't Ready for the End of Windows XP
- Which Proppant Company is Right for You?
- Amazon Should Buy RadioShack
- Can Bristol-Myers Squibb Keep Its Bull Run Going in 2014?
- Morning Movers in Biotech: Gilead Sciences, NewLink Genetics Corp. and Novartis AG