Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Underpants, Ground Beef, and Car Dealerships: A History of Leucadia National
- Wells Fargo is Losing Speed in Auto Lending
- Will Tesla's Model 3 Make Electric Vehicles Mainstream?
- Why I Stopped Wringing My Hands and Finally Bought Shares of Capstone Turbine
- Should Microsoft Kill Off the Surface, Windows Phones, or Xbox One?
- Is Apple Supplier OmniVision Technologies, Inc. Still a Buy?