Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Harley-Davidson Owners Recall When Their Bikes Didn't Need So Many Repairs
- Why the Apple iPhone 6 Plus Will Be a Success
- Why 100 Billion Plastic Bags Could Vanish From Stores Across the United States
- 3 Reasons 3M Co. Stock Could Fall
- Why Microsoft Should Offer Windows 10 for Free
- Cintas Corporation is Looking Sharp While Outgrowing Earnings Estimates