Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Sturm Ruger & Company a Good Sin Stock to Buy?
- Bull vs. Bear: Apple Stock
- Hyster-Yale Gets a Big Lift to Its Growth
- RF Micro Devices Earnings: Rapid Revenue Growth
- Sturm, Ruger & Company Q3 Earnings Badly Miss the Mark
- TTM Technologies, Inc. Delivers Mixed Q3 Results, Looks Forward to the Viasystems Merger