Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Apple Inc. Might Be Launching New Macs Really Soon
- Inside the iPhone 6s -- What to Expect from the Apple Inc. A9
- How Much Risk Should You Take With Your IRA?
- Nokia Corporation: $17 Billion Acquisition of Alcatel Lucent SA Means Big Plans for the Internet of
- Will the Law of Diminishing Returns Pit Automakers Against Uncle Sam?
- 3 Things You Don?t Want to Miss in Caterpillar Inc.?s Earnings Report This Week