Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 2 Important Graphs From Boeing Co's Earnings You Need to See
- Ford Motor Company Earnings Preview: 3 Things Investors Must Watch
- OLED TV News: Universal Display Corporation Just Landed Another Large Partner
- Arctic Cat Weathers Winter Storms as Turnaround Efforts Take Shape
- Caterpillar Inc. Earnings and Outlook Indicate Big Trouble Ahead
- Sony Corp Has Created the Netflix of Gaming