Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Apple Inc.'s $10,000 Gold Watch Is A Win For Investors
- Is Apple Inc. Releasing an iPhone 6c This Year?
- 1 Revolutionary Feature of Apple's New Macbook
- Ford's Aluminum F-150 Gets a $259 Million Boost From Uncle Sam
- General Electric Company Wants You to Meet the Factory of the Future
- Can Google Inc. and Intel Corporation Help TAG Heuer Tackle Apple Watch?