Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- These Stocks Just Raised Their Dividends
- Why Rovi Corporation Fell Another 13% Today
- Do These Anti-Dumping Decisions Mean It's Lights Out for Canadian Solar?
- Chevron's Earnings Get Clobbered This Quarter; Here's What You Need to Know
- After Hasbro Inc.'s Great Quarter, Is It Still a Buy?
- Solazyme Earnings: Lack of Details Disappoints Investors, Again