Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 2 Stocks to Watch in Components: Qualcomm and Seagate
- 4 Reasons Microsoft Corporation Won't Kill Windows Phone
- How New Safety Standards Could Cause Polaris Industries to Roll Over
- 3 Stocks to Watch in Robots: Intuitive Surgical, iRobot, and Amazon.com
- MSC Industrial Direct Earnings Will Set the Tone for the Manufacturing Sector
- Ford's Truck Sales Fall Again, But Investors Shouldn't Worry