Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Only Months After the iPhone 6 Release, Is the Apple A9 Chip Already in Production?
- The Best Healthcare Stocks of 2014: Which Is Our Favorite for 2015?
- 3 Things I Want to See in Apple Inc.'s Retina MacBook Air
- Microsoft Corporation's Mobile Strategy Takes Another Step Forward
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly From Caterpillar Inc.'s November Retail Sales
- 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) Isn't No. 1 in Metals