Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Precision Castparts Misses Earnings Estimates
- Touch ID Hits iPad, How You Can Invest in the Booming Fingerprint Sensor Market
- Touch ID Is in the New Apple iPad: How You Can Invest in the Booming Fingerprint Sensor Market
- 3 Things Working Against Keurig 2.0 Brewers
- The Dow Chemical Company Flaunts Its Blue Chip Status, Grows Earnings 44%
- 1 Way Intel Corporation Is Trying to Make Even More Money