Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- First Solar, Inc. Thinks These Are 3 of Its Biggest Risks
- 3D Printing Stocks: How Do They Stack Up by Valuation?
- Will Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.'s Radeon R9 Nano Be in Short Supply?
- Formula for Calculating Marginal Revenue
- Why B&G Foods Inc. Jumped as Much as 14.3% Thursday
- 5 Things Caterpillar's Management Wants You to Know