Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Alcoa Wants You to Know About Its Post-Split Future
- Why Disney, Dr. Reddy's Labs, and Barrick Gold Slumped Today
- 5 Crucial Things PACCAR Inc. Management Wants You to Know
- Apple Inc. Reportedly to Use OLEDs in the iPhone 8
- Trina Solar Limited Earnings: Size Doesn't Mean Profit in Solar Manufacturing
- Inside the Apple Inc. A9X Chip