Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Tyson Foods Management Wants You to Know
- Why Does Lockheed Martin Want to Put Exoskeletons on Workers?
- Xiaomi: The Apple, Samsung, and Amazon of China
- Are You Missing the Fuel Cell Revolution?
- You Thought Ron Paul Was Outspoken When He Was in Congress? You Won't Believe What He's Saying Now
- Why FuelCell Energy Inc. Has Skyrocketed 78% in 2014