Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Earnings: Explaining the Wonky Trends
- 4 Amazon Projects to Watch in 2015
- Intel Corporation?s Atom x3 Unveiled: Here?s What You Need to Know
- 3 Reasons Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Stock Could Rise
- The Samsung Galaxy S6 Looks Like a Winner
- You're Not Going to Believe How Amazon Is Going to Speed Up Delivery