Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Is What the Future of Solar Panels Looks Like
- Stop Worrying About Ebola: This is a Much More Pressing Concern
- 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) Unveils 3 New Printers Ahead of EuroMold
- Solar is Disrupting the $2 Trillion Energy Industry: This CEO Tells You How
- 1 Must-Watch Interview for 3D Systems Corporation and Stratasys, Ltd. Investors
- Black Friday Kicks Off Do-or-Die Period for These 3 Microsoft Products