Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Surprising Way Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Is Trying to Win Online Shoppers
- Can Dassault Aviation Play the Gulfstream Game?
- 5 Things CSX Corporation Just Told Investors
- Why Applied Materials Inc. Is Up 13% in 2014
- The Most Important Number You Need to Know Before Buying GoPro Inc. Stock
- Why Isn't Fitbit Jumping On Apple Inc.'s HealthKit Bandwagon?