Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The 2 Dow Stocks You Must Watch This Week
- Profit From America?s Next $100 Billion Boom With This 1 Stock
- Will the 2015 Ford F-150 Strike a Deathblow to the Steel Industry?
- Warren Buffett Thinks This is The Most Important Business in Our Economy
- Move Over China: This Is The World's Hottest Economy
- 25 Amazing Facts About Solar