Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into something saleable. In many businesses, manufacturing is known as operations.
Manufacturing is a value added process. It along with mining and agriculture are classicals methods to increase the value of assets, create wealth, and grow an economy.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- With AT&T's Help, NVIDIA's Upgraded SHIELD Tablet is Poised to Succeed
- The Massive Risk Facing Tesla Motors Inc.'s Gigafactory
- Are U.S. Biofuel Targets Putting Your Car's Engine at Risk?
- What Google's Android One Phones Mean for Emerging Market Competition
- Why There?s Nothing Smart About the Apple Watch
- Will Google Chromebook Get a Boost from Nvidia's Powerful Mobile Chip?