Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Amgen Turning the Tables on 'Generic' Competition
- Mark Your Calendar: General Motors Company Earnings
- Sprint's Cutting
- New Pilot Contract Could Save Republic Airways -- But It Doesn't Guarantee Success
- Microsoft Corporation Buys an Overlooked Technology From Intel Corporation
- Here?s Why Bank of America?s Trading Operations Weigh on Its Share Price