Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Every Major U.S. Bank Passes the Fed?s Stress Test
- Like it or Not, Verizon Wireless Is Still the Best Carrier
- Will This Big Las Vegas Player Transform Into a REIT?
- Why Eclipse Resources Corp.'s Stock Is Getting Scorched Today
- Why Vivint Solar Inc's Shares Jumped 22% Today
- Why DreamWorks Animation Selling Its Headquarters Is a Good Thing