Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Can World Wrestling Entertainment Stock Rise in the Long Run?
- What Happens to Best Buy If RadioShack Goes Under?
- Why The Bancorp Inc Saw Its Stock Plummet Today
- Pfizer's Incoming Patent Cliff
- Amazon Posts Larger Q2 Loss
- Intel Corporation Is the Dow's Best Stock for 2014, but It Will Disappoint You Next Year