Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Things to Know About Omeros Corporation
- Dow Treads Water as Oil Climbs, Coal Stocks Plunge
- How Can Office Supply Stores Survive?
- What Happens With Russia and Ukraine Matters to Clean Energy Fuels, Chart Industries
- Friday's Top Upgrades (and Downgrades)
- The Growth Driver Johnson & Johnson Investors Need to Watch