Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. to Get Java Jolt From Kraft Coffee Deal
- Splunk Earnings: Strong Results Send Stock Soaring
- For Zynga, Inc., the Quest to Create the Next "Candy Crush Saga" Begins
- 3 Reasons Target?s Stock Could Rise
- 5 Things That Marijuana Stock GW Pharmaceuticals plc's Management Wants You To Know
- 3 Reasons Corning Incorporated's Stock Could Rise