Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Shares of Pandora Slumped 16% in June
- Why Vimicro International Corporation Stock Fell 15% Today
- Container Store's Results Finally Look More Organized
- Better Dividend Stock: The Coca-Cola Company Inc or PepsiCo Inc?
- Why National Bank of Greece Went Into Freefall in June
- The Other Shoe Drops as AMD Stock Plunges 17%