Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- There's $2.1 Trillion Sitting Overseas, How Do We Get It Back on American Soil?
- Busting the Cord Cutting Myth
- Las Vegas Mega-Flop: Why This $400 Million Hotel Is Being Torn Down
- Geospace Technologies Earnings Fall Victim to Big Oil's Spending Habits
- The Obamacare Failure No One's Talking About
- 5 Things Target Corporation?s Management Wants You to Know