Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Better Buy: Zendesk Inc or Salesforce.com Inc?
- Cliffs Natural Resources in 2015: Why It's Fallen 68%
- Will Alcoa's Breakup Hurt More Than Help?
- EnLink Midstream Reported a Loss Last Quarter, but Dividend Investors Still Have Reason to Celebrate
- Better Buy: Vipshop Holdings Ltd. or E-Commerce China Dangdang Inc?
- US Silica is the Best Frack Sand Stock to Own Right Now