Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Warren Buffett: 3 Ways to Protect Your Savings From a Crisis
- Here?s the Single Biggest Itemized Tax Deduction
- Why Netflix Inc. Could Be Worth $100 Billion
- This Is How Bank of America Can Win Me (and You) Back
- Will Intel Corporation's Curie Conquer the Internet of Things and Wearables Markets?
- Read This Before You Retire