Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Solid Bank Earnings Could Signal an Opportunity for Investors
- Danger at 3D Systems Corporation: Employees Might Hate Their Jobs
- People Really Hate Monsanto, Its Latest Move Shows It Couldn't Care Less
- 4 Stupid Investor Moves You Shouldn't Make Right Now
- Tragedy and Uncertainty Collide as Big Oil CEO Dies in Russian Plane Crash
- How Donald Trump Became an American Billionaire Icon