Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- TransDigm Group Boosts Guidance as Earnings Keep Growing
- How IBM Technology Could Boost Citizens Financial Group's Profits
- Here's What to Expect When Magellan Midstream Partners Reports Earnings
- What to Expect When NVIDIA Reports Earnings
- Are Things Looking Up for GlaxoSmithKline?
- 3 Reasons Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc. May Be a Buy After Earnings