Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Companies with Better Dividends Than Annaly Capital Management, Inc.
- Newly Approved Weight Loss Method Works by Tricking Your Brain
- Why Shares of Mighty ExxonMobil Struck Out in 2014
- Our 5 Favorite Warren Buffett Quotes
- Why Chevron's Stock Took a 10% Hit in 2014
- What Surface Pro Clones Mean For Microsoft Corporation