Loss, as it relates to finance or investing, is the opposite of profit.
- In finance: Loss results when the cost of goods and/or services produced exceeds the income generated by their sale.
- In regard to investment: Loss is the result when the sale of a security produces less money returned to the seller than the seller originally paid to purchase the security.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Ford Motor Company's Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Reasons Eli Lilly & Co.'s Stock Could Rise
- 5 Things Tyson Foods Management Wants You to Know
- Are These Stocks the Best Investments You Can Possibly Make?
- 3 Losers in the Big Bank of America Corp. Settlement
- Are You Missing the Fuel Cell Revolution?