Loan origination fee
This fees pays for the collection of a book of documents detailing the financial history of the borrower. This information makes it possible for the loan originator to sell the mortgage to others. Resale transfer the mortgage to others with capital to lend and passes it into the hands of a mortgage service company who processes payments and maintains records of the mortgage.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Do Banks Have Such a Bad Rap?
- Hybrid Bank Stocks Offer Investors Returns With a Twist
- 7 Ways to Successfully Settle a Dispute With Your Bank
- How New Loan Programs Could Impact the Housing Market
- Ares Capital Corporation 3rd Quarter: Simply Great
- Shorts Are Piling Into These Stocks. Should You Be Worried?