Loan origination fee
This fees pays for the collection of a book of documents detailing the financial history of the borrower. This information makes it possible for the loan originator to sell the mortgage to others. Resale transfer the mortgage to others with capital to lend and passes it into the hands of a mortgage service company who processes payments and maintains records of the mortgage.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why JPMorgan Chase & Co. Stock Is Flat This Year
- Why American Express Company Is One of the Biggest Warren Buffett Stocks
- 5 Biggest Money Mistakes (and How to Fix Them Fast)
- Everything You Need to Know About VA Mortgage Refinancing
- Is Federal Student Loan Consolidation Right for You?
- 17 Expert Ways to Save Money Every Day