Loan origination fee
This fees pays for the collection of a book of documents detailing the financial history of the borrower. This information makes it possible for the loan originator to sell the mortgage to others. Resale transfer the mortgage to others with capital to lend and passes it into the hands of a mortgage service company who processes payments and maintains records of the mortgage.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 6 Ways to Save on Home Closing Costs
- 6 Tips to Maximize Financial Aid Eligibility
- After AIG Settlement, Bank of America Corp Has Only 2 Major Legal Cases Remaining
- What Would It Mean for Manufacturers if Congress Were to Kill the Export-Import Bank?
- Warranties Your Credit Card Company Won?t Tell You About
- 10 Questions to Help You Get the Best Mortgage Rates