Loan origination fee
This fees pays for the collection of a book of documents detailing the financial history of the borrower. This information makes it possible for the loan originator to sell the mortgage to others. Resale transfer the mortgage to others with capital to lend and passes it into the hands of a mortgage service company who processes payments and maintains records of the mortgage.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How the Government "Cut the Profitability of Banking Roughly in Half"
- 26 Unsettling Truths About Social Security
- Ares Capital Corporation Earnings Show Strength
- How to Spot the Hidden Costs of a Mortgage
- 5 Things Prospect Capital Corporation Management Wants You to Know
- Mortgage Rates Are at Record Lows -- Should You Refinance?