A loan application is the form filed with a lender to begin the loan approval process. The application usually contains information on the type of loan, the property involved if a mortgage, and sufficient information to obtain credit reports on the borrower.
Once the loan application is received and the application fee is paid, the process of collecting information to consider in the loan approval process begins.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why KYTHERA Biopharmaceuticals Inc. Shares Shot Higher
- Alibaba, Tencent Among Companies Chosen to Back China Banks
- Reports That Will Move Markets This Week
- Financial Tools for Foreigners Visiting the U.S.
- Bank Loans to Small Businesses on the Rise
- Congressional Inaction Could Set the Housing Recovery Back Years