A loan application is the form filed with a lender to begin the loan approval process. The application usually contains information on the type of loan, the property involved if a mortgage, and sufficient information to obtain credit reports on the borrower.
Once the loan application is received and the application fee is paid, the process of collecting information to consider in the loan approval process begins.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 6 Huge Mistakes to Avoid When Applying for a Mortgage Loan
- 7 Simple Ways You Can Quickly Repair Your Credit Score
- Do You Really Need to Get Mortgage Preapproval?
- 20 Things Every 20-Something Should Know About Credit
- Will Square Do to Banking What It's Doing to Payments?
- 6 Billion Reasons Wells Fargo Loved Quantitative Easing