A loan application is the form filed with a lender to begin the loan approval process. The application usually contains information on the type of loan, the property involved if a mortgage, and sufficient information to obtain credit reports on the borrower.
Once the loan application is received and the application fee is paid, the process of collecting information to consider in the loan approval process begins.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Is a Student Card?
- Investigating a Potential Employer: Using Financial Metrics to Protect Your Future
- What Are Pre-approval and Pre-qualification?
- Don?t Be a Victim of this Student-Loan Scam
- 5 Frightening Retirement Statistics That Demonstrate Baby Boomers Are in Serious Trouble
- How Do You Compare With the Average American?