A loan application is the form filed with a lender to begin the loan approval process. The application usually contains information on the type of loan, the property involved if a mortgage, and sufficient information to obtain credit reports on the borrower.
Once the loan application is received and the application fee is paid, the process of collecting information to consider in the loan approval process begins.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 4 Things You Never Knew About Credit Scores
- Don't Refinance Your Mortgage Until You Read This First
- Facebook Move to Link You With All Photos Your Camera Takes Is Disturbing
- 3 Things Capital One's CEO Richard Fairbank Wants Investors to Know
- Read This Before Applying for a Joint Credit Card
- Another Reason Why Apple's New iPhone Upgrade Program Is All Upside