LINDE AG (EXCHANGE: LNAGF.PK)
The Linde Group is a leading producer of industrial gases headquartered in Munich, Germany. In 2006, Linde acquired BOC Group of UK to become the world's largest producer of industrial gases with 21% market share followed by Air Liquide19%, Praxair 13%, Air Products 10%, Nippon Sanso 4%, Airgas 3% and Messer Group 1%.
Oxygen, nitrogen, argon, hydrogen and carbon monoxide are the main products sold globally under a variety of brand names, but specialty gases are also supplied. Gases are shipped in cylinders, in bulk, or from dedicated on-site plants. An engineering unit specializes in the design of these plants as well as plants for the production of LPG and olefins.
The company traces its origins to 1878 when Professor Doctor Carl von Linde began investigation of gases that could be used for refrigeration of foods. In 1895, he discovered a process for the liquefaction of air. A first plant was constructed near Munich in 1903.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 17 Facts About German Stocks That Will Make You Want to Invest
- Medical Marijuana Receives Mixed Signals With This Latest Study
- In-Depth Interview With Clean Energy Fuels CEO Andrew Littlefair
- Shell Chemical Keeps Pa. Site on List for Petrochemical Plant
- Dow May Open Flat as Markets Pause
- Has Lincare Holdings Become the Perfect Stock?