An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things American Airlines Group, Inc. Management Wants You to Know
- ImmunoGen, Inc. Gets Into the Black, Accounting Wise
- Robert Half International's Earnings Point to a Better Jobs Market
- Leaked Document Could Shatter UK Shale Dreams
- Do GMOs and Monsanto Deserve Their Villainous Reputations?
- 3 Important Facts About Social Security Spousal Benefits