An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is JetBlue's Management Up to the Task?
- Obamacare Helps Profit Soar At This Big Insurer
- The Most Hated Company in the Food Industry
- Hillary Clinton Weighs in on Marijuana -- and You May Not Like What She Has to Say
- Samsung Reclaims the Title of World's Largest Smartphone Vendor, but the News Isn't All Good
- Should You Dump Your Wireless Carrier for Google's Project Fi?