An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Westport Innovations Q3 Earnings: Major Changes Underway... but Is It Too Late?
- 8 Top Stocks to Buy in November
- MasTec Inc.'s Third-Quarter Earnings Show Expected Progress and Promise a Better 2015
- National Oilwell Varco Earnings Keep the Good Times Going
- What Is Chipotle Stock Worth? Maybe Less Than You Think.
- Delta Air Lines Inc. vs. American Airlines Group Inc: Which Is a Better Investment?