An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Apple Inc. Lowballing Guidance Again?
- Here's What the World's Biggest Hedge Fund Has Been Buying
- These Places Are Better Bets Than Las Vegas
- The Samsung Galaxy S6 Looks Like a Winner
- Why Apple Inc. Stock Could Return 25% This Year
- Stratasys, Ltd. Q4 and 2014 Earnings: Market Relieved, No Major Surprises