An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Reasons to Buy the Dip in Airline Stocks
- 3 Reasons General Motors Company Stock Could Rise
- Is It Time to Buy Zions Bancorporation Stock?
- 5 Things Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Is JPMorgan Chase One of the Best Companies in America?
- Offshore Drilling: Are Dividend Investors in Trouble?