An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Before Boyd Gaming Corp.?s Q2 Results: What To Look For
- Why Intel's Turnaround Is Set to Continue
- Kinder Morgan Knows What It Needs to Fix
- What's at Stake in Cliffs Natural Resources' Upcoming Shareholder Meeting?
- Should Juniper Networks, Inc. Investors Be Worried After its Earnings Report?
- This Tech Stock's Earnings Report Is a Big Red Flag