An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Dividend Stock?s 13% Plunge After Earnings Is Ridiculous
- The Most Hated Company in the Retail Industry
- GM MasterCard: Great Perks, If You Need Them
- Is This the Wrong Time for American Express to Raise its Dividend?
- Wait, the FCC Thinks Comcast and Big Cable Have Enough Competition?
- Set Phasers to Stun: U.S. Army Channels Star Trek for Future Ray Gun