An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will The Fitbit Surge Kill The Apple Watch?
- Are You Overeducated? The Surprising Way It's Hurting Your Career
- Solid Bank Earnings Could Signal an Opportunity for Investors
- Southwest Airlines Co. Earnings: Even Better Under the Surface
- Danger at 3D Systems Corporation: Employees Might Hate Their Jobs
- Don't Miss SolarCity Corp and SunPower's Weapon to Rule Rooftop Solar