An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 1 of These 3 Cratering Biotechs is a Buy
- Dow Jones Earnings: What Intel and IBM Said About Tech This Week
- Barnes & Noble Is Doomed, Even Its Chairman Is Abandoning Ship
- In Case You Missed It: GlaxoSmithKline Just Had a Phenomenal Week!
- What's Holding Back U.S. LNG Export Projects?
- Why Yahoo! Shares Could Test Highs Ahead of the Alibaba IPO