An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Does Costco Have a Chipotle Mexican Grill Problem?
- George Soros' Fund Dumped These 2 Stocks: Should You?
- Better Buy Today: General Electric or Honeywell International Inc.?
- This Dow Dividend Stock Has Everything You Want
- 15 Mortgage Questions and Answers for First-Time Homebuyers
- 3 Companies That Could Become Tax Inversion Targets