An issue is the specific version or offering of a security. Bonds for example may be issued at various times by a given entity, each with its own interest terms and maturity. Similarly a company may issue several classes of stock or the same class at several times. Each is referred to as an issue. A second public offering of a security is called a secondary issue.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Pratt & Whitney Machinists Approve New Contract
- Would You Serve Chipotle at Your Wedding? Fast Casual Catering Might Be the Next Big Thing
- Will Home Depot and Lowe?s Continue to Heat Up?
- Invest in These Hot Tech Trends
- Apple to Grow Chinese Market Share After Inking China Mobile Deal
- This Bear Is Wrong About 3D Systems Corporation