An investment firm or investment house is a business that engages in investing or investing services as a major business. Some are brokers but others specialize in behind the scenes, i.e., back office services. Bond trading, research, portfolio management and making a market in over the counter securities are typical functions.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Rising Crude Stockpiles Widen Spread Between WTI and Brent Crude
- Wohlers: There Are Major Obstacles for 3-D Printing to Overcome
- The Boeing Company's Earnings Will Keep Flying High
- 9 Warren Buffett-Approved Dividend Stocks
- 3 Reasons Why Google Glass Will Be Successful
- Does GameStop's CEO Know What He's Talking About?