An investment firm or investment house is a business that engages in investing or investing services as a major business. Some are brokers but others specialize in behind the scenes, i.e., back office services. Bond trading, research, portfolio management and making a market in over the counter securities are typical functions.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- A Beginner's Guide to the Internet of Things
- Investing in Socially Responsible Companies: Pandora Media, Inc.
- 3 Predictions for Hershey Stock
- Tesla Motors Inc's Secret Growth Weapon -- Hint: It's Not Cars
- 3 Things Bank of America Should Do Right Now
- International Space Station Rocket Explodes, Orbital Sciences Stock Crashes and Burns