The bond yield curve tends to flatten at longer maturities. Hence, short bonds are highly sensitive to maturity. Intermediate bonds still change significantly. Often long bonds are relatively insensitive to maturity.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Dow Closes Up 62; Is the Bond Market Rally Over?
- Here's What the Managers of the $6 Billion TIAA-CREF Trust Have Been Buying
- Morning Dow Report: Oil Lifts Exxon, Chevron; Rising Rates Hurt Travelers
- Morning Dow Report: GE, Boeing Drop as the Dow Dips; Chevron Climbs
- 3 Easy Ways to Get Tax-Free Income
- Is Inflation Gone Forever?