The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Could Be Game-Changing News for Electronic Cigarettes
- 1 Thing to Do With Your Money in 2015
- Price of Silver in 2015: Why It Could Bounce Higher
- The Average American Has This Much Credit Card Debt. How Do You Compare?
- 3D Printing News: Talking HP, 2015, and More With Wohlers Associates
- Americans Will Throw Away 25% More Trash Over the Holidays -- and These Companies Are Happy to Clean