The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Dow Drops 67 Points on a Momentum-Crushing Day; Why Goldman, JPMorgan Should Worry
- Did This News Item Break Facebook's "Analyst Rally"?
- Get to Know Seth Goldman of Honest Tea
- Why Facebook Is a Contrarian Investor?s Nightmare
- Walter Energy's Refinancing Efforts Raise Concerns
- This Craft Brew-haha Provides a Look Into a Less-Friendly Beer Market