The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 2 Stocks to Watch in Beauty Products
- The Biggest Single-Day Moves In Stock Market History
- Is SunEdison Trying to Conquer the Wind Industry With This $2 Billion Acquisition?
- Does a Mortgage Refinance Make Sense?
- Facebook Inc's Oculus Could Be Much Bigger Than You Think
- 5 Can't-Miss Quotes From Gilead Sciences Management