The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- MetLife Inc's Earnings Results: 4 Key Takeaways
- 3 Reasons SunEdison Inc. Stock Could Fall
- Investor Alert: Apple's Financial Reports Will Look Different Going Forward
- The New World Order of Banking: Boring and Less Profitable
- 3 Value Stocks Near 52-Week Lows Worth Buying
- Delta Air Lines Inc. vs. American Airlines Group Inc: Which Is a Better Investment?