The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Stocks to Watch in Tobacco: Altria Group Inc., Philip Morris International Inc., and Reynolds Americ
- Here's What Bill Ackman Has Been Buying and Selling
- Can Under Armour Loosen Nike's Grip Over Athletic Sponsorships?
- Why Carl Icahn's $240 Apple, Inc. Price Target Is Way Too Aggressive
- PIMCO Funds: Are They Right for You?
- How to Consolidate Debt (The Right Way)