The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Ford Is Giving the 2015 F-150 Another (Eco)Boost
- Is Another Financial Crisis Coming Down the Road?
- The Mortgage Market's Next Opportunity
- How "Consumer Reports" Praised Buick and Still Dissed GM
- Is Half the Country in Serious Financial Trouble?
- Will The Clorox Company Post Strong Fourth-Quarter Results or Will It Disappoint Again?