The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 2 Things You Should Know About Tesla Motors This Month
- Should You Sell Your Home? 5 Crucial Considerations
- Mortgage Originations Just Fell by 66% at the Nation's Four Biggest Banks
- Which Tobacco Company Should Growth Investors Buy?
- What Is a Credit Union -- And Is It Right for You?
- Inside the Newly Released 2015 Ford Focus