The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Dividend Aristocrats: Time to Buy Consolidated Edison, Inc.?
- Small Sums, Lifetime Assets: The Gift of a Retirement Account
- Here?s What?s Next For Rackspace Hosting, Inc. Following Its Strategic Review
- 5 Things US Silica's Management Wants You to Know
- Vanguard Natural Resources: What the Latest Acquisitions Mean for the Distribution
- Is It Time to Buy PNC Financial Services Group Stock?