The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Before Boyd Gaming Corp.?s Q2 Results: What To Look For
- Can Ally Financial Pull Off an AIG-Style Turnaround?
- Will the Model 3 Make or Break It for Tesla Motors Inc.?
- CIT Group Inc: A Host of Tailwinds Could Fuel Big Valuation Growth
- Hatteras Financial: Another Sequential Book Value Gain Sets This Mortgage REIT Apart
- Is Blackstone Proving Regulators Wrong on Housing?