The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Top Consumer Goods Stocks to Buy In October
- How Will Rising Interest Rates Affect Your Dividend Stocks?
- Financial Guru Suze Orman Is Completely Wrong About This Retirement Myth
- Wells Fargo Third-Quarter Earnings Preview: 5 Things to Watch
- How Much Money Do You Need to Buy a House?
- 30 Million Americans Just Got Caught Red-Handed