The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Wall Street Still Doesn't "Get" Chipotle Mexican Grill!
- Can Interface Inc. Bounce Back From Another Lackluster Quarter?
- 4 Energy Stocks I'll Be Buying If the Stock Market Crashes
- 3 Solid Stocks With Decades of Annual Dividend Increases
- 3 Surprising Ways Baidu Is Expanding Beyond Search
- 2 Reasons Carl Icahn's $200 Value for Apple Stock Just Doesn't Make Sense