The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Windstream Holdings' Management Wants You to Know
- Why GT Advanced Technologies Stock Has Lost Half Its Value in 3 Months
- Did General Mills Waste $3 Billion of Your Money?
- Does Mondelez International's $2 Billion Buyback Make Sense?
- Westport Innovations' Stock Is Down 80%: Are Natural Gas Vehicles a Dead Idea?
- Why Boardwalk Pipeline Partners' Stock Has Crashed 26.5% in 2014