The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Much Money Do You Need to Retire Early?
- The Reason Behind Sarepta Therapeutics Inc.'s Sinking Stock Price
- How Much Exposure Does Bank of America Have to Greece?
- Types of Loans: Mix and Match
- The Typical American Is Embarrassed by Their Retirement Savings. Should You Be, Too?
- The Smartest Ways to Improve Your Financial Health