The interest rate is a percentage of the principal borrowed, which is then usually paid by the borrower to the lender over time. Note this is above and beyond the principal so that the total payback is principal plus interest.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Disney Going to Ask Harrison Ford to Play Indiana Jones Again?
- Any Risk-Tolerant Investor Has to Check out This Pipeline Operator From South America
- Will Home Depot and Lowe?s Continue to Heat Up?
- Invest in These Hot Tech Trends
- Apple to Grow Chinese Market Share After Inking China Mobile Deal
- This Bear Is Wrong About 3D Systems Corporation