Some companies have been known to reward employees with new cars (such as Mary Kay Cosmetic's famous pink Cadilacs), special company paid vacations, or a variety of gifts.
Sales personnel are often rewarded with commissions on the products they sell, a direct incentive system. Old hands tell you that a straight commission system can be lucrative in the hands of an experienced salesman. (But most companies balk at paying salesmen more than their executives earn.)
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Ways AT&T's DIRECTV Buyout Might Fail
- How an Amazon Ad Network Could Threaten Google's Ad Dominance
- 4 Banking Terms Every First-Time Homebuyer Should Know
- What Happened to Tesla Motors, Inc.'s Battery Swapping?
- Thanks to Netflix, Comcast's Acquisition of Time Warner Cable May Be in Jeopardy
- Marvel Movies Are Huge, So Why Won't a Deadpool Movie Get Made?