Some companies have been known to reward employees with new cars (such as Mary Kay Cosmetic's famous pink Cadilacs), special company paid vacations, or a variety of gifts.
Sales personnel are often rewarded with commissions on the products they sell, a direct incentive system. Old hands tell you that a straight commission system can be lucrative in the hands of an experienced salesman. (But most companies balk at paying salesmen more than their executives earn.)
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Chinese Solar Stocks May Be in for a Rough Landing
- Ford Motor Company's Second Quarter Shows It Is Doing More With Less
- Will Comcast's Customer Service Ever Get Better?
- 4 High-Yielding Alternative Energy Investments
- The 3 Best Ways to Get Rich From Canada's Oil Boom
- Ford Earns $1.3 Billion in Second Quarter on Strong U.S. Results