Some companies have been known to reward employees with new cars (such as Mary Kay Cosmetic's famous pink Cadilacs), special company paid vacations, or a variety of gifts.
Sales personnel are often rewarded with commissions on the products they sell, a direct incentive system. Old hands tell you that a straight commission system can be lucrative in the hands of an experienced salesman. (But most companies balk at paying salesmen more than their executives earn.)
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Barrick Gold Corporation Still Has More Convincing to Do
- Were SAT Changes for the Kids or to Help the College Board Make More Money?
- Why Chrysler's Sales Were Up While Ford's Were Down
- Why Did Zynga Redesign Its Top Titles?
- 1 Statistic That Should Worry BlackBerry Ltd. Investors
- Shale, the Last Oil and Gas Train: Interview With Arthur Berman