Some companies have been known to reward employees with new cars (such as Mary Kay Cosmetic's famous pink Cadilacs), special company paid vacations, or a variety of gifts.
Sales personnel are often rewarded with commissions on the products they sell, a direct incentive system. Old hands tell you that a straight commission system can be lucrative in the hands of an experienced salesman. (But most companies balk at paying salesmen more than their executives earn.)
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Big Oil and Renewables: Not So Strange Bedfellows
- Caterpillar (CAT) Earnings Reveals 3 Troubling Trends Wall Street Didn?t Tell You About
- Ford Motor Company Earnings Preview: A Subdued Quarter Is Likely
- Watsco Stays Hot Despite the Summer's Cool Weather
- General Motors Earnings Beat Estimates With Strong Margins
- What Is CBS Thinking With Its $6-a-Month Channel?