Some companies have been known to reward employees with new cars (such as Mary Kay Cosmetic's famous pink Cadilacs), special company paid vacations, or a variety of gifts.
Sales personnel are often rewarded with commissions on the products they sell, a direct incentive system. Old hands tell you that a straight commission system can be lucrative in the hands of an experienced salesman. (But most companies balk at paying salesmen more than their executives earn.)
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Does Thailand Fit Into Volkswagen?s Plans?
- SunPower Rises as Apple and Microsoft Prepare to Report Earnings
- Are For-Profit Universities Under Attack From Proposed Regulation?
- Which of These 3 Foreign Education Stocks Should You Buy?
- Caterpillar Inc. CEO Pay Package Slashed After Rough 2013
- Will New Leadership Help the Xbox One Compete With the PlayStation 4?