Some companies have been known to reward employees with new cars (such as Mary Kay Cosmetic's famous pink Cadilacs), special company paid vacations, or a variety of gifts.
Sales personnel are often rewarded with commissions on the products they sell, a direct incentive system. Old hands tell you that a straight commission system can be lucrative in the hands of an experienced salesman. (But most companies balk at paying salesmen more than their executives earn.)
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Single Worst Practice of the Drug Industry
- Would This Move From Amazon.com Get You to Buy a Fire Phone or Kindle Fire?
- 5 Things FedEx Management Wants You to Know
- Read This Before You Judge March's New-Vehicle Sales Too Harshly
- Out of 12 Big Pharma Stocks, This is the 1 You Can Confidently Hold for the Next 10 Years
- What Sam Walton Would Say About Walmart's New Minimum Wage