Some companies have been known to reward employees with new cars (such as Mary Kay Cosmetic's famous pink Cadilacs), special company paid vacations, or a variety of gifts.
Sales personnel are often rewarded with commissions on the products they sell, a direct incentive system. Old hands tell you that a straight commission system can be lucrative in the hands of an experienced salesman. (But most companies balk at paying salesmen more than their executives earn.)
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Offshore Wind Energy: GE Is Bringing This Good Thing to Life
- 5 Key Comments From HollyFrontier's Management You Should Know
- 5 Things Communications Sales & Leasing Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- 5 Things Corning Incorporated Management Wants You to Know
- AMC's "Fear the Walking Dead" Debunks Cord-Cutting Myths
- Does Natural Gas Transportation Have What It Takes to Thrive?