Some companies have been known to reward employees with new cars (such as Mary Kay Cosmetic's famous pink Cadilacs), special company paid vacations, or a variety of gifts.
Sales personnel are often rewarded with commissions on the products they sell, a direct incentive system. Old hands tell you that a straight commission system can be lucrative in the hands of an experienced salesman. (But most companies balk at paying salesmen more than their executives earn.)
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Reasons Why Brazilians Are Not Investing in Stocks
- Is BlackBerry Ltd CEO John Chen Grasping at Straws With "App Neutrality"?
- Why Microsoft's New Streaming Feature is a Game Changer
- Oil Stocks: 2 Dividend Payers Actually Benefiting From Crashing Crude Prices
- MLPs: Energy Transfer Partners LP Forks Over $18 Billion to Bulk Up
- 4 Questions to Ask When Buying a Stock