Some companies have been known to reward employees with new cars (such as Mary Kay Cosmetic's famous pink Cadilacs), special company paid vacations, or a variety of gifts.
Sales personnel are often rewarded with commissions on the products they sell, a direct incentive system. Old hands tell you that a straight commission system can be lucrative in the hands of an experienced salesman. (But most companies balk at paying salesmen more than their executives earn.)
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- General Motors' Sales Move Higher, But Lag Behind Competition
- Yes, the Biotech Crash Could Actually Get Worse
- 3 Stocks in the Metals Mining Sector We'd Still Buy
- 4 Oil Trends to Be on the Lookout For in 2016
- 3 Yieldcos Dividend Investors Should Love
- Will Big Jeep Sales Mean Fatter Profits for Fiat Chrysler?