Some companies have been known to reward employees with new cars (such as Mary Kay Cosmetic's famous pink Cadilacs), special company paid vacations, or a variety of gifts.
Sales personnel are often rewarded with commissions on the products they sell, a direct incentive system. Old hands tell you that a straight commission system can be lucrative in the hands of an experienced salesman. (But most companies balk at paying salesmen more than their executives earn.)
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Twitter: Highly Overpriced Post-IPO
- How to Grow a $100 Billion Company by Double Digits
- Ford Unveils 2015 Mustang and Incentive War Heats Up For Boeing 777X Production
- Shell Scraps La. Plans to Build $12.5 Billion Natural-Gas-to-Liquids Plant
- The Dow Drops Again on Good Econ Data ...
- States Try to Tempt Boeing in Bid for 777X Jobs