Some companies have been known to reward employees with new cars (such as Mary Kay Cosmetic's famous pink Cadilacs), special company paid vacations, or a variety of gifts.
Sales personnel are often rewarded with commissions on the products they sell, a direct incentive system. Old hands tell you that a straight commission system can be lucrative in the hands of an experienced salesman. (But most companies balk at paying salesmen more than their executives earn.)
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Should Apple Inc. Be Worried About This Apple Pay Rival?
- Carbon3D's CEO Discusses Its Breakthrough CLIP 3D Printing Tech?
- Barrick Gold Digs Itself Into Another Hole Over Compensation
- Was There a Silver Lining in General Motors' First Quarter?
- How to Analyze a Bank in 15 Minutes or Less
- Top 5 Richest Tycoons in Renewable Energy