IT generally stands for information technology.
The overall level of companies' IT spending is one indicator of how well the economy is doing. Companies tend to pull back spending on things such as systems upgrades when times are lean.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Earnings Storm Leaves Dow Flat as UnitedHealth Group, IBM Plunge
- Western Digital Looks Like a Solid Long-Term Investment
- What Does the End of Windows XP Mean for the Health Care Sector?
- Why iGATE, Cash America International, and Rite Aid Are Today's 3 Best Stocks
- Why Strayer's Run Is Just Getting Started
- What the March Jobs Report Tells Us About the U.S. Economy