IT generally stands for information technology.
The overall level of companies' IT spending is one indicator of how well the economy is doing. Companies tend to pull back spending on things such as systems upgrades when times are lean.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Financial Literacy Grab Bag: 13Fs, a Terrible Short, and a Test
- 5 Money Scams to Look Out for in 2016
- Here's How Microsoft Plans to Get Business Users to Move to Windows 10
- American Public Education, Inc. Surely Wishes More of the American Public Attended Its Schools
- A Detailed Look at Cisco Systems' First Quarter
- Gartner Inc Continues to Build Its Book of Business