IT generally stands for information technology.
The overall level of companies' IT spending is one indicator of how well the economy is doing. Companies tend to pull back spending on things such as systems upgrades when times are lean.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Cisco Systems Inc.: Spending $635 Million to Join the Best Internet of Things Stocks
- Why Wayfair Inc's Future Looks Bright
- This Could Be Microsoft's Next Billion-Dollar Business
- 3 Billionaire-Approved Tech Stocks You Can Buy Today
- 3 Best of Breed Healthcare Stocks
- This Is What's Driving CDK Global Inc Stock Higher Today