IT generally stands for information technology.
The overall level of companies' IT spending is one indicator of how well the economy is doing. Companies tend to pull back spending on things such as systems upgrades when times are lean.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Massachusetts' Medical Marijuana Industry Going Up in Smoke?
- Quality Systems Soars as Earnings Double
- 3 Undervalued Stocks in Tech Worth Buying
- Cvent Picks Up Steam But Sees Profit Worries Ahead
- Chefs' Warehouse Feeds Investors Solid Earnings Growth
- ONE Gas Inc Earnings: More Predictable Than the Weather