IT generally stands for information technology.
The overall level of companies' IT spending is one indicator of how well the economy is doing. Companies tend to pull back spending on things such as systems upgrades when times are lean.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 10 Companies Receiving the Biggest Handouts From the Government
- General Dynamics Wins $138 Million Contract to Help Treat Brain Injuries
- Are Iron Ore Prices Headed for a Sharper Decline?
- Are Iron Ore Stocks About to Face Another Downturn?
- First Google Controlled Your Search Habits, Now It Wants Your Entire Home
- How the Bitcoin Experience Affects U.S. Energy Companies