IT generally stands for information technology.
The overall level of companies' IT spending is one indicator of how well the economy is doing. Companies tend to pull back spending on things such as systems upgrades when times are lean.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Pandora Media's Stock a Buy Right Now?
- After Apple Stock Surged 20% in 2014, Are Shares Still a Buy?
- 3 Reasons Why CenturyLink Is a Top Dividend Stock
- What Do Target Corp.'s Investment Plans Reveal?
- Why Apple is Poised to Break Even More Records with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple?s iPhone 6 Launch Sales Will Be Record-Breaking