IT generally stands for information technology.
The overall level of companies' IT spending is one indicator of how well the economy is doing. Companies tend to pull back spending on things such as systems upgrades when times are lean.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Latest Apple iPad Roars Into Production
- Hacking Hospitals: The Present and Future Threat to Your Data
- Industrial Equipment: Investing Essentials
- Is It Time to Buy the PowerShares QQQ ETF (QQQ)?
- When It Comes to Rental Cars, Consumers Are Most Loyal to This Brand
- Healthcare Equipment and Supplies: Investing Essentials