IT generally stands for information technology.
The overall level of companies' IT spending is one indicator of how well the economy is doing. Companies tend to pull back spending on things such as systems upgrades when times are lean.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will Nuance Communications Earnings Reveal a Way Forward?
- Liquidity Services Closes Out a Tough 2014
- Buffalo Wild Wings Puts Even More Technology on the Menu
- What the Election Results Mean for Healthcare
- The Untold Story Behind GE's Most Lucrative Business
- Check Point Systems Inc.'s Earnings Were Stronger Than You Think