The housing starts number tells us how many houses, condos, and apartments we started building last month. This number is a leading indicator of the economy as a whole, because it's highly sensitive to things like consumer confidence and mortgage rates.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Best Business Model for Banks
- 3 Things You Should Put Off Until Your Retirement Is on Track
- 5 Things You Didn?t Know About FHA Mortgage Rates
- Warren Buffett Just Bought More Of These Two Bank Stocks. Should You Do The Same?
- 2 Great Stocks Senior Citizens Can Buy Now
- Peter Briger Jr: Fortress Investment Group's King of Debt