The housing starts number tells us how many houses, condos, and apartments we started building last month. This number is a leading indicator of the economy as a whole, because it's highly sensitive to things like consumer confidence and mortgage rates.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Foolish Calculators
- 7 Reasons Buying a Home Now Is a Smart Move
- 3 Dividend Stocks Retirees Should Avoid
- 3 Stocks Near 52-Week Highs That You Can Still Buy
- This Ultra-High Dividend Stock Is Buying Back Its Shares at a Discount
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Have Now Paid Taxpayers $239 Billion, but What About Their Investors?