The housing starts number tells us how many houses, condos, and apartments we started building last month. This number is a leading indicator of the economy as a whole, because it's highly sensitive to things like consumer confidence and mortgage rates.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How the Government "Cut the Profitability of Banking Roughly in Half"
- If You've Been Denied a Loan in the Last 5 Years, Now Is the Time to Try Again
- Exclusive: Zillow Group Inc. Panel Talks Mobile, Acquisitions and Plans for 2015
- A Serial Entrepreneur's Take On Tech, 'Power to the People' and Start-Up Valuations
- What Can You Learn From Someone Able to Retire in His 30s?
- 26 Unsettling Truths About Social Security