The housing starts number tells us how many houses, condos, and apartments we started building last month. This number is a leading indicator of the economy as a whole, because it's highly sensitive to things like consumer confidence and mortgage rates.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons to Sell Annaly Capital Management Inc. and American Capital Agency Corp.
- It's Bonus Time: 4 Things You Must Do Before December 31
- How to Save 40% on Your Next Home
- Are High-Yield Dividend Stocks Worth the Risk?
- The Easiest Way to Cut 5 Years Off Your Mortgage
- Retirement Investing: Could This Be The Safest 8% Return You?ll Ever Find?