The housing starts number tells us how many houses, condos, and apartments we started building last month. This number is a leading indicator of the economy as a whole, because it's highly sensitive to things like consumer confidence and mortgage rates.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Capital One's Biggest Strength Is Also Its Biggest Weakness
- Run, Don't Walk, From These Sketchy Dividend Stocks
- Renting or Buying a Home? Here Are 3 Things You Should Consider
- Nearly 3 Out of 5 American Workers Have This Much Saved for Retirement
- Refinancing: Timing Is Everything
- A Bubble in High Dividend Stocks?