The housing starts number tells us how many houses, condos, and apartments we started building last month. This number is a leading indicator of the economy as a whole, because it's highly sensitive to things like consumer confidence and mortgage rates.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Elizabeth Warren Is Right About Citigroup for the Wrong Reasons
- Where You'll Find the Top Income Stocks for 2015
- The Biggest Tax Changes for 2015
- 3 Key Takeaways for Annaly Capital Management and American Capital Agency Following the Federal Rese
- Can You Buy Your Next Home With No Money Down?
- How Many Credit Scores Do You Have, and Which One Matters Most?