The housing starts number tells us how many houses, condos, and apartments we started building last month. This number is a leading indicator of the economy as a whole, because it's highly sensitive to things like consumer confidence and mortgage rates.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will BofI Holding Deposit Another Big Quarter?
- Do I Need to Fill Out Form 4952?
- Does Goldman Sachs Have Another Billion-Dollar Business In The Works?
- 3 Ways Baby Boomers Can Dramatically Improve Their Retirement Outlook
- This Shocking Chart Will Redefine How You View Early Retirement
- Understanding SolarCity: Things to Know When Earnings Come Out