Analysts and investors talk a lot about a company's guidance, which is the forecast companies give for how things such as earnings and sales will be in the future.
Strong guidance that predicts, for instance, a substantial boost in sales is seen as a good sign. Also, if a company is "guiding" for $0.45 a share in earnings and ends up with $0.48, that's a good sign that can push the stock higher. Coming in with results below guidance can push a stock lower as investors think something went wrong.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Veeva's Earnings Growth Leaves Investors Unimpressed
- ULTA Salon's Earnings Keep Looking Better and Better
- Splunk, Inc. Stock Falls Despite Another Great Quarter
- Mobile App Stocks To Watch: Zynga Inc, King Digital Entertainment PLC, Glu Mobile Inc
- Sirius XM Holdings Inc.: Something Old Is Something Blue
- Why Shares of United Rentals, Inc. Plunged 10% Today