Government bond fund
A government bond fund is a mutual fund that invests in government bonds. A wide variety of government bonds are sold including Treasury bonds, municipal bonds, and various bonds issued by goverment agencies. Check the prospectus for details of income taxes as some of these bond are free of federal income taxes, and others may be free of state and/or local income taxes.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How The Pyramid Approach Can Support Your Retirement Planning
- Should You Buy the SPDR S&P 500?
- Distressed Assets: Investing Essentials
- Why Warren Buffett Thinks Putting Your Money Here Is a Good Idea
- What Is the Export-Import Bank and Why Are Politicians So Worked Up Over It?
- Municipal Bonds: Investing Essentials