Government bond fund
A government bond fund is a mutual fund that invests in government bonds. A wide variety of government bonds are sold including Treasury bonds, municipal bonds, and various bonds issued by goverment agencies. Check the prospectus for details of income taxes as some of these bond are free of federal income taxes, and others may be free of state and/or local income taxes.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 25 Must-Read Quotes from Warren Buffett's Letter to Shareholders
- Do You Feel $2.95 Trillion Richer? The Fed Says You Are
- Dow Closes Up 62; Is the Bond Market Rally Over?
- This Harvard Professor Recommends Withdrawing All of Your Money From Banks. He's Dead Wrong.
- 4 Reasons Why Warren Buffett Would Sell a Stock
- The Foreclosure-to-Rental Business Shows Signs of Wear and Tear