Government bond fund
A government bond fund is a mutual fund that invests in government bonds. A wide variety of government bonds are sold including Treasury bonds, municipal bonds, and various bonds issued by goverment agencies. Check the prospectus for details of income taxes as some of these bond are free of federal income taxes, and others may be free of state and/or local income taxes.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Things You Probably Don't Know About Roth IRAs
- Do I Need to Fill Out Form 4952?
- 1 Area Where America's Armed Forces Are Coming Up Short
- More Than Half of All Americans Could Be Set Up for Financial Disappointment -- Here's Why
- 2015 SIMPLE IRA Contribution Limits
- The Best Deals in High-Yield Dividend Stocks