Government bond fund
A government bond fund is a mutual fund that invests in government bonds. A wide variety of government bonds are sold including Treasury bonds, municipal bonds, and various bonds issued by goverment agencies. Check the prospectus for details of income taxes as some of these bond are free of federal income taxes, and others may be free of state and/or local income taxes.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Saving for College: 2 Great Ways You Can Fund Your Child's Education
- Options: Wall Street Gimmick or Moneymaking Investing Tool?
- Can You Actually Have Too Much in Your 401(k) and IRA?
- How Investors in the United States Should Think About the Events in Greece
- Retirement 2015: A Look at the Year Ahead
- Why the Real Social Security Crisis Will Start in 2020