Government bond fund
A government bond fund is a mutual fund that invests in government bonds. A wide variety of government bonds are sold including Treasury bonds, municipal bonds, and various bonds issued by goverment agencies. Check the prospectus for details of income taxes as some of these bond are free of federal income taxes, and others may be free of state and/or local income taxes.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Statistics Show What Retirement Is Really Like -- and Why We're Not Ready
- 10 Best States and Cities for Tax-Free Bonds
- Annuities: Understanding The Good And Bad of This Retirement Income Option
- Think You Know Bonds? Think Again.
- Ask a Fool: What Kind of Retirement Account Do You Have?
- 3 Best Stocks for Your Kid's College Fund