Government bond fund
A government bond fund is a mutual fund that invests in government bonds. A wide variety of government bonds are sold including Treasury bonds, municipal bonds, and various bonds issued by goverment agencies. Check the prospectus for details of income taxes as some of these bond are free of federal income taxes, and others may be free of state and/or local income taxes.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will Kansas Municipal Broadband and Google Fiber Render AT&T Obsolete?
- Overlook This High-Yield Dividend Industry and You Might Regret It
- 3 Reasons to Buy the iShares MSCI Japan ETF
- The Best Bank Stocks Are Not Too Big to Fail
- Should You Consider ETFs for Your Portfolio?
- The SPDR S&P 500 ETF: 3 Reasons to Buy