Government bond fund
A government bond fund is a mutual fund that invests in government bonds. A wide variety of government bonds are sold including Treasury bonds, municipal bonds, and various bonds issued by goverment agencies. Check the prospectus for details of income taxes as some of these bond are free of federal income taxes, and others may be free of state and/or local income taxes.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 7 Ways the Federal Reserve Affects You and Your Money
- 5 Mistakes I've Made in the Past 5 Years
- What Is a Benchmark?
- Roth IRA vs. Traditional IRA: Which Type of Account Should I Choose?
- 21 Things I've Learned As an Investor Over the Last Decade
- It's Easy to Make These 5 Mistakes When Planning for Retirement