Other common bank fees include ATM fees, inactivity fee, and overdraft fee. Alternatively, some banks require a minimum account balance. Some banks also pay interest at money market rates on checking account balances. Bank of America offers no commission on stock market trades for a minimum balance.
In selecting a bank and a checking account, customers should consider the services they will use, and the costs of those services. If a minimum account balance is required, consider the interest which could be earned on that money as part of the cost.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Undervalued Stocks: How to Build Wealth by Saying "You're Wrong" to Mr. Market
- Sirius XM Plays Nice
- When Will Netflix, Inc. Enter India? (Hint: Don't Hold Your Breath)
- Dick Costolo's 3 Worst Moves As Twitter Inc.'s CEO
- Senior Discounts: Save Thousands of Dollars Starting at Age 50
- New Fare Options Touching Down at JetBlue