Other common bank fees include ATM fees, inactivity fee, and overdraft fee. Alternatively, some banks require a minimum account balance. Some banks also pay interest at money market rates on checking account balances. Bank of America offers no commission on stock market trades for a minimum balance.
In selecting a bank and a checking account, customers should consider the services they will use, and the costs of those services. If a minimum account balance is required, consider the interest which could be earned on that money as part of the cost.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- salesforce.com Earnings: What You Need to Know
- 3 Reasons Why Marijuana Stock GW Pharmaceuticals Could Fall
- 5 Things Humana Inc. Management Wants You to Know
- Social Security: Taking Benefits at 62 Is Smart, but Not for This Reason
- Hertz Got Crushed ? and I?m Buying More
- The Coming Social Security Crisis Explained in Plain English