Other common bank fees include ATM fees, inactivity fee, and overdraft fee. Alternatively, some banks require a minimum account balance. Some banks also pay interest at money market rates on checking account balances. Bank of America offers no commission on stock market trades for a minimum balance.
In selecting a bank and a checking account, customers should consider the services they will use, and the costs of those services. If a minimum account balance is required, consider the interest which could be earned on that money as part of the cost.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Better Buy at 52-Week Lows: Intel Corporation or IBM?
- Tech News: Facebook Inc Previews ?M? and FitBit Inc Takes a Tumble
- Forget Procter & Gamble: Here Are 3 Better Dividend Stocks to Buy
- Crowdfunding Your College Education
- The Average American Is Just Plain Wrong on Social Security
- Why I Wouldn't Short Berkshire Hathaway