Other common bank fees include ATM fees, inactivity fee, and overdraft fee. Alternatively, some banks require a minimum account balance. Some banks also pay interest at money market rates on checking account balances. Bank of America offers no commission on stock market trades for a minimum balance.
In selecting a bank and a checking account, customers should consider the services they will use, and the costs of those services. If a minimum account balance is required, consider the interest which could be earned on that money as part of the cost.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Juniper Networks, Pioneer Natural Resources, and Johnson Controls Are Today's 3 Worst Stocks
- Did This News Item Break Facebook's "Analyst Rally"?
- Ford's Mark Fields on Ford's Challenges in Europe
- What to Watch From Men's Wearhouse (Besides Jos. A. Bank)
- General Motors' Cadillac Chief on the 2014 Cadillac ATS
- Get to Know Seth Goldman of Honest Tea