Other common bank fees include ATM fees, inactivity fee, and overdraft fee. Alternatively, some banks require a minimum account balance. Some banks also pay interest at money market rates on checking account balances. Bank of America offers no commission on stock market trades for a minimum balance.
In selecting a bank and a checking account, customers should consider the services they will use, and the costs of those services. If a minimum account balance is required, consider the interest which could be earned on that money as part of the cost.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Xoma Corporation A Buy?
- Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Earnings: Explaining the Wonky Trends
- Chuy's Gets a Bit Spicier, But Will It Deliver in 2015?
- 4 Amazon Projects to Watch in 2015
- Why Pacira Pharmaceuticals Inc. Stock Cratered
- Here's How Much the Typical American Made Last Year, By Age and Sex -- How Do You Compare?