Other common bank fees include ATM fees, inactivity fee, and overdraft fee. Alternatively, some banks require a minimum account balance. Some banks also pay interest at money market rates on checking account balances. Bank of America offers no commission on stock market trades for a minimum balance.
In selecting a bank and a checking account, customers should consider the services they will use, and the costs of those services. If a minimum account balance is required, consider the interest which could be earned on that money as part of the cost.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Best Dividend Stocks for Growth Investors
- T. Boone Pickens Points the Finger at U.S Shale
- 5 Ways Getting Married Can Affect Your Taxes
- Social Security: Key Strategies for Protecting Post-Retirement Income
- Does a Reverse Mortgage Make Sense for You?
- This Tiny Biotech Offers Up New Hope for Parkinson's Disease Patients