Other common bank fees include ATM fees, inactivity fee, and overdraft fee. Alternatively, some banks require a minimum account balance. Some banks also pay interest at money market rates on checking account balances. Bank of America offers no commission on stock market trades for a minimum balance.
In selecting a bank and a checking account, customers should consider the services they will use, and the costs of those services. If a minimum account balance is required, consider the interest which could be earned on that money as part of the cost.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is It Time to Buy Pfizer Inc.'s Stock?
- Revisiting Sin Stocks: Alcohol?s Worse Than You Think
- Are These Stocks the Best Investments You Can Possibly Make?
- The 3 Most Important Questions About Social Security
- How United Airlines Just Made It a Lot Easier to Check Your Bags
- Finding the Best Car Insurance for Teens