Other common bank fees include ATM fees, inactivity fee, and overdraft fee. Alternatively, some banks require a minimum account balance. Some banks also pay interest at money market rates on checking account balances. Bank of America offers no commission on stock market trades for a minimum balance.
In selecting a bank and a checking account, customers should consider the services they will use, and the costs of those services. If a minimum account balance is required, consider the interest which could be earned on that money as part of the cost.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why "Set It and Forget It" Doesn?t Work for Retirement Savings
- Clean Energy Fuels Earnings: 3 Things to Look For
- Safeway vs. Kroger: Which Grocer is the Better Buy?
- 3 Things to Watch For When Proto Labs Inc Reports Earnings This Week
- The Dow Jones Today Moved Triple Digits. What to Do Now?
- 3 Crucial Questions for Align Technology, Inc.