Other common bank fees include ATM fees, inactivity fee, and overdraft fee. Alternatively, some banks require a minimum account balance. Some banks also pay interest at money market rates on checking account balances. Bank of America offers no commission on stock market trades for a minimum balance.
In selecting a bank and a checking account, customers should consider the services they will use, and the costs of those services. If a minimum account balance is required, consider the interest which could be earned on that money as part of the cost.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Stocks Income Investors Should Be Buying Today
- Home Depot?s 3 Part Recipe For Success
- Caterpillar Inc.'s Stock Drops After Q2 Earnings: Is There a Bright Side?
- I?m Adding to My Sizeable Position in First Financial Northwest
- I?m Back to Buy More of This Stupid Cheap Bank
- Domino's Pizza's Spectacular Earnings Sent Its Shares Higher, Do They Have More Room to Run?