A first mover is a company that gains an advantageous position by being the first to establish itself in a given market.
Companies that move first revolutionize their industries and the lives of customers by featuring products or services that reflect a new solution to old problems. These companies often hit the public markets fairly early with high valuations and high expectations that scare off most investors. But first-movers have an advantage in visionary leaders and founders who saw through the problem in the first place and moved first to create their dynamic solutions.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- ?Significant? Discovery Fuels 10% Surge in Kosmos Energy Ltd?s Stock
- 3 Things You Need to Know About Whole Foods Market Inc.
- 3 Best Stocks to Invest in Internet Retail
- 5 Things Netflix, Inc. Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Low-Risk Tech Stocks for Retirees
- Why Streaming Live TV Could Ignite a TV Revolution