Fees are any payments consumers make to a financial institution that are not classified as interest payments. Most financial products come with fees, which are sometimes waived in exchange for other commitments from the consumer such as direct deposit or meeting a minimum balance.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Is CBS Thinking With Its $6-a-Month Channel?
- Cable Bill Too High but Not Ready to Cut the Cord? Here's What Some People Are Doing.
- Peter Thiel Exclusive: Why a PayPal Merger Doesn't Make Sense
- Grupo Aeroportuario del Sureste (ADR) Earnings Fly Past Estimates
- MarketAxess Holdings Inc.: Wall Street Has Fourth-Quarter Results Wrong
- Why "Set It and Forget It" Doesn?t Work for Retirement Savings