Federal National Mortgage Association
The Federal National Mortgage Association FNM, or more familiarly, "Fannie Mae", is a government-sponsored private corporation authorized to purchase and sell mortgages, which increases the affordability and availability of mortgages. Also charged by the federal government with facilitating the orderly operation of a secondary market for home mortgages.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Home Prices Hit a Soft Spot in May
- How Two Harbors Investment Corp Embraced Adaptation For Big Success
- A Purchase of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac's Common Stock is Speculation, Not Investing
- Will The New Bill To End Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac Be Good News For Investors?
- After AIG Settlement, Bank of America Corp Has Only 2 Major Legal Cases Remaining
- Mortgage Rates Could Stay Low Until 2016