Federal National Mortgage Association
The Federal National Mortgage Association FNM, or more familiarly, "Fannie Mae", is a government-sponsored private corporation authorized to purchase and sell mortgages, which increases the affordability and availability of mortgages. Also charged by the federal government with facilitating the orderly operation of a secondary market for home mortgages.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 9 Statistics Every Expert Homebuyer Should Follow
- Does Bank of America Still Owe Taxpayers Billions of Dollars?
- Is Bank of America About to Announce Another Multibillion-Dollar Settlement?
- How These 2 Monster Dividend Stocks Work
- What Does the Crisis In Ukraine Have to Do With Mortgage Rates in America?
- Is It Time to Bring Back the Homebuyer Tax Credit?