Federal National Mortgage Association
The Federal National Mortgage Association FNM, or more familiarly, "Fannie Mae", is a government-sponsored private corporation authorized to purchase and sell mortgages, which increases the affordability and availability of mortgages. Also charged by the federal government with facilitating the orderly operation of a secondary market for home mortgages.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 4 Companies With Political Risks and Major Upside
- The Battle For Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Continues
- Could Fannie and Freddie Shares Soon Come Back to a Major Exchange?
- Fannie and Freddie: How High Can They Soar?
- 4 Reasons Why Warren Buffett Would Sell a Stock
- The Most Important Thing for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Investors