Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: FRE), or more familiarly, "Freddie Mac", is a publicly traded corporation that provides funds for mortgages, and buys mortgages from banks and re-packages them as mortgage-backed investments.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons Financial Select Sector SPDR Fund Could Fall
- Delta Air Lines: Undervalued, But Not As Cheap As 1 Metric Implies
- 5 Things Genworth Financial Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Tips on How to Find the Best High Yield Mortgage REIT Stocks
- Why the Housing Market Hasn't Recovered From the Financial Crisis
- Are FHA Loans Only for First-Time Homebuyers?