Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: FRE), or more familiarly, "Freddie Mac", is a publicly traded corporation that provides funds for mortgages, and buys mortgages from banks and re-packages them as mortgage-backed investments.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Highest Dividend Stocks: The Risks and Rewards
- These 3 Stocks Could Kill Your Portfolio
- Are Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Headed for a New $157 Billion Bailout?
- 4 Legitimate Ways House Hunters Can Quickly Boost Their Credit Scores
- Best Stocks for Investing in the Housing Recovery
- Run, Don't Walk, From These Sketchy Dividend Stocks