Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: FRE), or more familiarly, "Freddie Mac", is a publicly traded corporation that provides funds for mortgages, and buys mortgages from banks and re-packages them as mortgage-backed investments.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Long-Term Mortgage Rates Rise; ARM Prices Hold Steady
- Can Warren Buffett Save the U.S. Housing Market?
- AT&T and Poor Economic Releases Weigh on the Dow Jones Today
- 1 Thing Every Investor Needs to Do Before Buying a Mortgage REIT
- Why the Dow Jones Is Jumping Today
- 3 Potential Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Multibaggers