Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: FRE), or more familiarly, "Freddie Mac", is a publicly traded corporation that provides funds for mortgages, and buys mortgages from banks and re-packages them as mortgage-backed investments.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Does a Mortgage Refinance Make Sense?
- Will BofI Holding Deposit Another Big Quarter?
- Bank of America?s Breakout Quarter
- Things Could Get Interesting for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Shareholders This Fall
- A Brief History of Bank of America in Crisis
- Why a Billionaire Hedge Fund Manager Is Betting Big on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac