Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: FRE), or more familiarly, "Freddie Mac", is a publicly traded corporation that provides funds for mortgages, and buys mortgages from banks and re-packages them as mortgage-backed investments.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 2 Good Reasons to Take Another Look at Mortgage REITs
- Why Has Fannie Mae Stock Gained 50% This Month?
- 3 Simple Ways to Pay Off Your Mortgage Faster
- Cheaper Dividend Stock: Two Harbors Investment Corp. or Chimera Investment?
- The Best High-Yield Dividend Stock for Your Portfolio
- Western Asset Mortgage Stock's Big Insider Buying