Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: FRE), or more familiarly, "Freddie Mac", is a publicly traded corporation that provides funds for mortgages, and buys mortgages from banks and re-packages them as mortgage-backed investments.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Home Prices Hit a Soft Spot in May
- How Two Harbors Investment Corp Embraced Adaptation For Big Success
- A Purchase of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac's Common Stock is Speculation, Not Investing
- Falling Mortgage Rates Reflect Weak Share Prices for Homebuilders
- Will The New Bill To End Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac Be Good News For Investors?
- After AIG Settlement, Bank of America Corp Has Only 2 Major Legal Cases Remaining