Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: FRE), or more familiarly, "Freddie Mac", is a publicly traded corporation that provides funds for mortgages, and buys mortgages from banks and re-packages them as mortgage-backed investments.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Colony Financial Inc.: Is It Time to Buy This Dividend Stock?
- 3 Reasons to Consider the Huge Dividend Yield at Two Harbors Investment Corp.
- Is This Move By Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac a Mistake?
- Easier Mortgages Are Coming Back -- Will They Boost the Housing Market or Cause Another Crash?
- 20 Stocks With Monthly Dividends: ARMOUR Residential REIT
- 2 Good Reasons to Take Another Look at Mortgage REITs