Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: FRE), or more familiarly, "Freddie Mac", is a publicly traded corporation that provides funds for mortgages, and buys mortgages from banks and re-packages them as mortgage-backed investments.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 2015 Mortgage Rate Trends: What House Hunters Can Expect This Spring
- How You Could Save More Than $45,000 on Your Mortgage
- Want to Invest Like a Billionaire? Read This First!
- 3 Companies With Better Dividends Than AT&T
- Which Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Investment Is Better -- Common Shares or Preferred?
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac: The Hedge Funds Weigh In