Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: FRE), or more familiarly, "Freddie Mac", is a publicly traded corporation that provides funds for mortgages, and buys mortgages from banks and re-packages them as mortgage-backed investments.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons to Sell Annaly Capital Management Inc. and American Capital Agency Corp.
- 3 Reasons to Buy Annaly Capital Management, Inc.
- Why You Should Stay Away From Armour Residential REIT Inc.'s 15% Dividend Yield
- Is Fannie Mae Really a $50 Stock?
- Bank of America Is Spread Too Thin, Outmatched By Competitors, and Should Be Broken Up
- 6 Billion Reasons Wells Fargo Loved Quantitative Easing