A Fast-track designation is given by the FDA to a drug that treats an unmet need. It allows the drugmaker to turn in the data for the New Drug Application in sections and meet with the FDA to review the development plans for the drug.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Movie Theaters Hate It When Netflix and IMAX Team Up
- Ebola: Everything You Need to Know
- The 5 Best Biotech Stocks in 2014...so far
- 5 Things That Marijuana Stock GW Pharmaceuticals plc's Management Wants You To Know
- 3 Reasons Sanofi's Stock Could Rise
- BlackBerry's Suing Ryan Seacrest's Company: But Does it Matter?