A Fast-track designation is given by the FDA to a drug that treats an unmet need. It allows the drugmaker to turn in the data for the New Drug Application in sections and meet with the FDA to review the development plans for the drug.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons Why Marijuana Stock GW Pharmaceuticals Could Fall
- 3 Reasons Amgen, Inc.'s Stock Could Rise
- Does the U.S. Need an ?Express Entry? Immigration Policy?
- This Week in Biotech: Puma Sprints, Gilead Sweeps, and Inovio Hits the Mark
- Will The Boeing Company?s Q2 Results Live Up to Expectations?
- Lululemon Must Completely Change Its Way of Thinking in Order to Succeed