A Fast-track designation is given by the FDA to a drug that treats an unmet need. It allows the drugmaker to turn in the data for the New Drug Application in sections and meet with the FDA to review the development plans for the drug.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Does This Marijuana Drug Study Change Everything?
- 2 Speculative Biotechs That Could Be Well Worth the Risk
- Should AbbVie, Inc. Buy Acadia Pharmaceuticals to Help Fight Parkinson's Disease?
- Why Clovis Oncology Shares Soared Higher Today
- Why Dyax Corp. Stock Exploded Higher Today
- Amazon.com, Inc. Gets One Step Closer to Drone Delivery in the U.S.