Expiration refers to the date on which a contract terminates.
Several investment products have expiration dates. The most common ones are stock options. An option grants the right to buy or sell a stock or other asset as a specified price on a specified date. That right can have a market value and some are actively traded on markets like the Chicago Board Option Exchange (CBOE). When the option expires, it is void, and has no further market value.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- I?m Back to Buy More Bank of America Warrants
- Can Sirius XM Holdings Inc. Get Rich by Giving it Away?
- 3 Reasons Celgene Corporation's Stock Could Fall
- Why Under Armour, Inc. Might Spend $285 Million On 1 Athlete
- 5 Things American Airlines Group Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- 5 Things DryShips Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know