Expiration refers to the date on which a contract terminates.
Several investment products have expiration dates. The most common ones are stock options. An option grants the right to buy or sell a stock or other asset as a specified price on a specified date. That right can have a market value and some are actively traded on markets like the Chicago Board Option Exchange (CBOE). When the option expires, it is void, and has no further market value.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Better IPO: Square Inc or Match Group?
- What Healthcare Dividend Stock Is Best?
- The Surprising State That Could Become the 24th to Legalize Medical Marijuana
- Writedowns or Operating Results? Making Sense of Seadrill Ltd Earnings
- 3 Healthcare Stocks With Massive Buyback Programs
- Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu: Which Offers the Best Deal?