Expiration refers to the date on which a contract terminates.
Several investment products have expiration dates. The most common ones are stock options. An option grants the right to buy or sell a stock or other asset as a specified price on a specified date. That right can have a market value and some are actively traded on markets like the Chicago Board Option Exchange (CBOE). When the option expires, it is void, and has no further market value.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things US Silica's Management Wants You to Know
- Yum! Brands, Philip Morris and Royal Caribbean Raised Their Dividends: What You Need to Know
- Adobe's Earnings: Cloud Aspirations Continue to Gain Steam
- 5 Things Transocean LTD Management Wants You to Know
- Why Is Gilead Sciences, Inc. Stock Offering This Drug for Cheap?
- COPD Occurs Most Often in These 5 States