Expiration refers to the date on which a contract terminates.
Several investment products have expiration dates. The most common ones are stock options. An option grants the right to buy or sell a stock or other asset as a specified price on a specified date. That right can have a market value and some are actively traded on markets like the Chicago Board Option Exchange (CBOE). When the option expires, it is void, and has no further market value.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Thanks, RHEL and IoT: Red Hat Inc Stock Jumps on Q4 Earnings
- 3 Biotech Stocks That Dropped Yesterday -- Is 1 a Buy?
- Bubble Bursting? 3 Top Stock Biotech Stocks to Buy
- Streaming TV: What's the Big Deal About Netflix's Special Networks?
- Does iRobot Corporation's New Buyback Make Sense?
- Is It Time for GlaxoSmithKline plc to Change Management?