Expiration refers to the date on which a contract terminates.
Several investment products have expiration dates. The most common ones are stock options. An option grants the right to buy or sell a stock or other asset as a specified price on a specified date. That right can have a market value and some are actively traded on markets like the Chicago Board Option Exchange (CBOE). When the option expires, it is void, and has no further market value.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 2 Assets Disney Can't Live Without!
- It?s Official: Real Estate Agents Are in It for the Money
- Real Or Imagined: Is The Tesla Model S Drivetrain Defective?
- Los Angeles Clippers Sale: Will TV Revenues Quadruple?
- Humira Still Key to AbbVie
- How Bank of America Convinced Steve Ballmer to Pay Up for the LA Clippers