Expedia (Nasdaq: EXPE) is an online travel company. It is headquartered in Bellevue, Wash. and was founded in 1995.
It was originally a part of Microsoft and first went public in 1999. It was purchased by USA Networks (now IAC/InterActiveCorp) in 2002 (controlling interest) and 2003 (remainder). It was separated into a separate company again in 2005.
Website brands include Expedia.com, Hotels.com, and Hotwire.com.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Investing in the Online Travel Industry: Does Your Portfolio Need a Getaway?
- Expedia Inc Earnings: Flying High With Acquisitions
- You'll Never Guess Which Travel Site Americans Are Most Loyal To (Hint: It's Not Priceline)
- Expedia's $1.6 Billion Bid to Rule The Online Travel Market
- Why Expedia Inc Stock Skyrocketed Today