An exchange is the setting where investors meet to trade securities, including stocks, options and futures. Exchanges also provide the technology needed to settle trades and ensure liquidity. While exchanges used to always be physical places, they are increasingly becoming virtual.
Traditionally buy and sell orders were matched on an exchange by the specialist. Increasingly orders are being matched electronically.
International exchanges are located in most major cities in Canada, Mexico, Europe, Asia, and South America. Africa? Australia?
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
- Futures exchange
- Options exchange
- Stock exchange
- New York Stock Exchange
- American Stock Exchange
- Annual performance of stock markets
- Chicago Board Options Exchange
- New York Merchantile Exchange
- Chicago Board of Trade
- Chicago Merchantile Exchange
- Kansas City Board of Trade
- Minneapolis Grain Exchange
- ICE Futures
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Ocwen Financial Corp Is Getting Rid of this $89 Billion Portfolio
- Why Stratasys Stock Dropped 6% Today -- and Did It Deserve To?
- 3 Stocks Our Analysts Recently Sold
- 5 Things Procter & Gamble Co. Wants You to Know
- AstraZeneca plc Has a Rocky First-Quarter: Here's What You Need to Know
- Why ResMed Inc. Shares Are Getting Clobbered