An employer is reponsible for collecting withholding taxes from the paychecks of its employees. The employer is also responsible for payment of certain taxes including FICA for Social Security and Medicare and usually workers compensation and some other payments required by some states. They may also pay for and provide benefits, typically including vacation pay, holidays, and health insurance. An employer is responsible for paying overtime when required by overtime laws.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Stocks to Watch in Robots: Intuitive Surgical, iRobot, and Amazon.com
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Gets Tough on Costs -- Why It Matters for Investors
- Microsoft Corporation Windows 10 Is Beating Windows 7 in This Key Market
- Container Store Needs to Clean Up Its Act
- Apple's Big Strength: Operational Excellence
- Can Coca-Cola Afford to Invest in This Feel-Good Project?