An employer is reponsible for collecting withholding taxes from the paychecks of its employees. The employer is also responsible for payment of certain taxes including FICA for Social Security and Medicare and usually workers compensation and some other payments required by some states. They may also pay for and provide benefits, typically including vacation pay, holidays, and health insurance. An employer is responsible for paying overtime when required by overtime laws.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What the iPhone 6 Plus Supply Shortage Says About Apple's Future
- 5 Reasons Retirement Planning Is Tougher for Women
- 3 Reasons Peter Thiel Is Wrong About Twitter
- Make Your Early-Retirement Dreams Come True With 3 Time-Tested Tips
- Can Cava Mezze Grill Be Another Chipotle Mexican Grill?
- GlaxoSmithKline Keeps Setting Records, but Not in a Good Way