An employer is reponsible for collecting withholding taxes from the paychecks of its employees. The employer is also responsible for payment of certain taxes including FICA for Social Security and Medicare and usually workers compensation and some other payments required by some states. They may also pay for and provide benefits, typically including vacation pay, holidays, and health insurance. An employer is responsible for paying overtime when required by overtime laws.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Difference Between a Restricted Stock Unit and a Restricted Stock Award
- Let's Not Call the iPad Pro a Failure Just Yet
- The U.S. Steel Industry's Not Running at Full Speed
- What Is a Mortgage Broker, and Should You Use One?
- How to Calculate Unplanned Inventory Investments
- Single People Can Maximize Their Social Security Benefits, Too! Here's How