An employer is reponsible for collecting withholding taxes from the paychecks of its employees. The employer is also responsible for payment of certain taxes including FICA for Social Security and Medicare and usually workers compensation and some other payments required by some states. They may also pay for and provide benefits, typically including vacation pay, holidays, and health insurance. An employer is responsible for paying overtime when required by overtime laws.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Took Costco So Long to Dump AmEx and Embrace Visa?
- 5 Remarkable Things Chesapeake Energy Corporation?s Management Told its Investors
- When ?Sin? Pays: Going All-in With the Gaming Industry
- How Does Social Security Fit Into Your Retirement Plan?
- Here's What One of the Richest Americans Has Been Buying
- 8 Top Stocks to Buy in March