An employer is reponsible for collecting withholding taxes from the paychecks of its employees. The employer is also responsible for payment of certain taxes including FICA for Social Security and Medicare and usually workers compensation and some other payments required by some states. They may also pay for and provide benefits, typically including vacation pay, holidays, and health insurance. An employer is responsible for paying overtime when required by overtime laws.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will Comcast's Customer Service Ever Get Better?
- What Does the Apple-IBM Partnership Mean for Investors?
- Three Small Caps That Should Be on Your Radar
- Don't Buy Another Bank Stock Until You Read This
- Why Caterpillar Inc?s Q2 Results Could Be a Mixed Bag?
- Expanding Margins Will Lead Weatherford International Higher