An employer is reponsible for collecting withholding taxes from the paychecks of its employees. The employer is also responsible for payment of certain taxes including FICA for Social Security and Medicare and usually workers compensation and some other payments required by some states. They may also pay for and provide benefits, typically including vacation pay, holidays, and health insurance. An employer is responsible for paying overtime when required by overtime laws.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Could Make Bank of America's Stock Soar When It Reports Earnings on Wednesday
- J&J's Headache-Relieving Earnings, Coke's Healthy Earnings in Emerging Markets, and Yahoo!'s "Turnar
- Why Twitter, Trina Solar, and Benefitfocus Jumped Today
- How Tax Reform Will Affect These 2 Stocks
- Would You Quit Your Job for an Offer Like This?
- Target's Problem: Poor Leadership Not Data Security