An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- There Is 1 Clear Loser Between Russia and Ukraine
- America's New Super Weapon is Shifting the Balance of Power
- Will an Acura Overhaul Give Honda Motor Company Investors Their Money's Worth?
- 4 States Where the Rich Got Richer at the Expense of the Poor
- 9 Cars That Average 50 MPG or Better on the Highway: You'll Be Shocked By No. 1!
- Market Week in Review: S&P Rises 1% With 3 Record Highs; Valero, Lorillard Soar