An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why These 2 European Stocks Are Beating P&G at Its Own Game
- Does Clean Energy Fuels' Recent Announcement Bode Well for Westport Innovations?
- 3 Reasons Why Ford Will Bring Back the Ranger
- Stock Market Rollercoaster -- Understanding This Week?s Volatility
- 5 Brands That Are Winning With Millennials
- 3 Airline Stocks Looking Great After the Global Selloff