An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Cheap Growth Stocks You Can Buy Right Now
- The Sorry State of Sam's Club, and Why Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Can't Give Up on the Warehouse
- This Medicare Mess Could Delay Your Retirement
- Are Banks Actually Evil, or Does It Just Seem That Way?
- Girl Scout Cookies Teach Us All a Lesson on GMOs
- British Invasion: Why is America Producing Fuel for This WWII Airplane?