An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Microsoft's Rejection, EA's Pain, and Why the Dow Fell for the 5th Straight Day
- 3 Surprising Lovers of Low Interest Rates
- Morning Dow Report: Why a Stronger GDP Isn't Saving Stocks
- Stronger Economy Sparks Mortgage Rate Rise
- You Should Be Shopping at Tiffany?s Instead of Zale or Signet
- Nokia's New Phones Will Put Microsoft Ahead of Apple