An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How to Invest in the Opening of Mexico's Oil Market
- Why First Horizon National Corporation is Doing All The Right Things to Increase Shareholder Value
- Goldman Sachs Led the Dow Higher Today, but is it Engineering a New Crisis?
- Why New Oriental Education & Tech Grp Stock Dropped
- The Dow Rises Past Earnings Season as Coca-Cola, United Technologies Fall
- One Contrarian's Case: Why the U.S. Could Dip Into Recession