An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Philip Morris International a Good Dividend Stock to Buy?
- Cintas Corporation is Looking Sharp While Outgrowing Earnings Estimates
- This Is How You Know Hydrogen Fuel Cells Are Readying for the Big Time
- Is The Coca-Cola Company a Good Dividend Stock to Buy Now?
- American Airlines Group, Inc. Doubles Down on Dallas for Asian Flights
- How Chrysler's Diesel Ram Is Helping It Gain on Ford and GM