An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Financial Literacy Grab Bag: 13Fs, a Terrible Short, and a Test
- 3M Company: The Bull and Bear Cases
- Costco's International Sales Are Dragging It Down, but You Shouldn't Worry
- Alcoa's Split Gets a Big Vote of Confidence
- Why Is Philip Morris International Inc. Suing These Countries?
- What "Misery" Can Tell Us About the Economy