An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things US Silica's Management Wants You to Know
- 2 Stocks With Big Upside Before the End of 2014
- FedEx Earnings Rise on Higher Revenue and Operating Margin
- Why the Debate Over U.S. LNG Exports Has Been Won
- FedEx Earnings: FedEx Keeps Delivering for Investors
- Apogee Enterprises' Growth Is as Clear as Glass