An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Whole Foods' Single Most Important Risk Can't Be Ignored
- The 5 Worst Climate Villains Among World Leaders
- MasterCard Earnings Charge Ahead as Global Spending Soars
- 5 Things Morgan Stanley's Management Wants You to Know
- Why Verizon Communications Inc. Is One of the Biggest Warren Buffett Stocks
- 3 Things Bank of America Should Do Right Now