An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Does Warren Buffett?s Kraft Foods Buyout Compare to Past Mega-Deals?
- America's Overlooked Demographic Boom
- Why Smart Money Loves This Dow Stock
- This Bank Is Telling Us That the U.S. Economy Has Improved Dramatically
- The Brilliance Behind IBM's China Strategy
- Why Shares of UTi Worldwide Inc. Plunged Today