An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Did Putin Just Harm His Fellow Russians By Banning Food Imports?
- You Thought Ron Paul Was Outspoken When He Was in Congress? You Won't Believe What He's Saying Now
- Did Ford Motor Company Mess Up the New Mustang?
- Can America's Wealthy Make Embraer SA's Dream Come True?
- 3 Reasons Seadrill Ltd's Stock Could Fall
- West Virginia Unprepared for Future Without Coal