An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- These Stocks Just Raised Their Dividends
- 8 Fascinating Reads
- I'm Buying More Cummins While Its Share Price Idles
- Why National Bank of Greece (ADR) Rocketed 43% Higher in February
- Don't Miss the Hidden Value in Honeywell International (HON) Stock
- Ameresco Inc (AMRC) Q4 Earnings: 3 Signs of Steady Improvement