An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Starbucks vs. Dunkin Donuts: Which Is The Better Stock and Has Better Coffee?
- 5 Things Union Pacific Corporation's Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Reasons Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX) Could Fall
- 3 Reasons Home Depot's Stock Could Fall
- 3 Reasons CSX Corporation's Stock Could Rise
- Dollar General Earnings: EPS Meets Expectations; Comps Fall Short