An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- China GDP Growth, Plus Twitter and Google Headlines, As Dow Gains 162
- Why the Dow Jumped for the Third Straight Day
- Why DuPont and UnitedHealth Group Will Move the Dow Tomorrow
- Why Linear Technology, ADTRAN, and ASML Holding Tumbled Today
- Why Icahn Enterprises, ExOne, and Interactive Brokers Jumped Today
- Foreign Stocks: Balance Your Portfolio and Profit From Global Growth