An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Nepal Wants to Keep Everest Business in Sherpa Hands
- More Bad News for Oversupplied Iron Ore Market
- S&P 500 Breaks Winning Streak, but Apple and Amazon Are Big Winners
- Why Intuitive Surgical, Cree, and iRobot Tumbled Today
- Why SunPower, SUPERVALU, and Skyworks Solutions Jumped Today
- 3 Stocks to Get on Your Watchlist