An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Facebook: A Prosocial or Antisocial Stock?
- How Gold Became the Forgotten Commodity
- What China's $6.7 Trillion Market Really Means to Visa And MasterCard
- Intuit Earnings: 2015 Is Turning Out to Be a Transition Year
- Why Shale Gas Producers Could Rebound First
- Berkshire Hathaway's Sustainable Competitive Advantage