An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Don't Take a Flier on Orbitz's Stock!
- PotashCorp Climbs on Record Offshore Shipments Despite Earnings Headwinds
- Why Did Chart Industries, Inc. Stock Fall 13% Today? Guidance Reduction
- Westport Innovations Shows Progress, but Challenges Remain
- 3 ETFs the Smartest Investors Are Buying
- Hyster-Yale Lifts Its Profits Even As Sales Slump