An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Samsung Plans to Launch Two More High-End Smartphones This Year
- Family Dollar Says the Economy Hurt It -- Say What?
- Home Depot?s Comparable Store Sales Performance and Expectations
- The Airline Industry: Investing Essentials
- Mortgage Interest Rates: You Have It Better Than You Realize
- How GM Will Fight Back Against Ford's Radical 2015 F-150