An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 6 Money Lies We All Believe
- California's drought is Causing a Major Problem Nobody is Talking About
- 10 Largest Companies by Market Cap in Oil
- McDonald's Corp.'s Turnaround Plans are Leaving Behind a Key Constituency
- How Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd Plans to Get U.S. and European Cruisers to China
- You May Want To Think Twice Before Purchasing That Fuel Efficient Hybrid