Dupont (NYSE: DD) is a manufactures a range of products for distribution and sale to many different markets, including the transportation, safety and protection, motor vehicle, home furnishings, medical, electronics, communications and the nutrition and health markets.
In 2012, Dupont announced the sale of its automotive coatings business to Carlisle. This sale significantly reduces Dupont's position as a supplier to the transportation market.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Effects of the Commodity Crash
- Why E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Co's Shares Jumped 11% Today
- The Dow's 3 Worst Stocks This Summer
- The Dow Stocks Investors Are Most Pessimistic About
- DuPont Could Be Just the Beginning of an Activist Investor Uprising