Dow Jones is a publisher of financial news. They are best known as the publisher of the The Wall Street Journal and Barron's, but also provide ticker and broad ticker services and maintain the Dow Jones Industrial Index, and the Dow Jones Transportation Index.
In 2007, Dow, Jones & Company, publisher of the Wall Street Journal, merged with News Corporation, a news organization run by news and entertainment mogul Rupert Murdoch. News Corporation is thought to be readying a financial news channel to compete with General Electric's CNBC.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is AT&T Inc. One of the Best Companies in America?
- Is Verizon or AT&T a Better Dividend Stock to Buy?
- If You Want to Get Rich, You Should Be Buying Stocks Now
- Why Exelixis Inc. Stock Crashed By 70% in 2014
- 3 Reasons Nike, Inc.'s Stock Could Rise
- The Stock Market Today: Embrace Volatility in September and Beyond