Dow Jones is a publisher of financial news. They are best known as the publisher of the The Wall Street Journal and Barron's, but also provide ticker and broad ticker services and maintain the Dow Jones Industrial Index, and the Dow Jones Transportation Index.
In 2007, Dow, Jones & Company, publisher of the Wall Street Journal, merged with News Corporation, a news organization run by news and entertainment mogul Rupert Murdoch. News Corporation is thought to be readying a financial news channel to compete with General Electric's CNBC.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Dow Finishes Week in the Black; Renren Slumps 5.9%
- Ominous Sign as Margin Debt Continues to Rise
- Dow Treads Water as Oil Climbs, Coal Stocks Plunge
- Nike's Bounce Can't Stop the Dow's Slip
- Microsoft Inc. Shareholders, Watch Out! Customers Aren't Ready for the End of Windows XP
- Dow Jones Today up Slightly as Unemployment Rate Rises