Dow Jones is a publisher of financial news. They are best known as the publisher of the The Wall Street Journal and Barron's, but also provide ticker and broad ticker services and maintain the Dow Jones Industrial Index, and the Dow Jones Transportation Index.
In 2007, Dow, Jones & Company, publisher of the Wall Street Journal, merged with News Corporation, a news organization run by news and entertainment mogul Rupert Murdoch. News Corporation is thought to be readying a financial news channel to compete with General Electric's CNBC.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Oil Fears Hold Markets Back Despite Strong Apple, Boeing Earnings
- This Stock Should Be Added to the Dow Jones Industrial Average
- Dow Plunges Over 300 Points as Microsoft Puts the PC Back on Death Row
- Does Greece Still Matter to U.S. Stocks?
- Earnings Keep Markets Mixed as Starbucks Soars, UPS Plunges
- Without Question, This Company Puts Its Shareholders First