Dow Jones is a publisher of financial news. They are best known as the publisher of the The Wall Street Journal and Barron's, but also provide ticker and broad ticker services and maintain the Dow Jones Industrial Index, and the Dow Jones Transportation Index.
In 2007, Dow, Jones & Company, publisher of the Wall Street Journal, merged with News Corporation, a news organization run by news and entertainment mogul Rupert Murdoch. News Corporation is thought to be readying a financial news channel to compete with General Electric's CNBC.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Give Thanks: These Stocks Just Raised Their Dividends
- Hewlett-Packard Company Drops and Guess? Inc. Jump on Flat Day for Stocks
- Even Pfizer and Allergan Have Doubts About Their $160 Billion Merger
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. And Dollar Tree Inc. Jump as Stocks Tick Higher
- Why Cracker Barrel, Daktronics, and Apollo Education Slumped Today
- 2016: Goldman Sachs on Stocks, Warren Buffett on Optimism