Dow Jones is a publisher of financial news. They are best known as the publisher of the The Wall Street Journal and Barron's, but also provide ticker and broad ticker services and maintain the Dow Jones Industrial Index, and the Dow Jones Transportation Index.
In 2007, Dow, Jones & Company, publisher of the Wall Street Journal, merged with News Corporation, a news organization run by news and entertainment mogul Rupert Murdoch. News Corporation is thought to be readying a financial news channel to compete with General Electric's CNBC.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Did S&P Just Guarantee a Holiday Rally For Facebook's Stock?
- If Things Are Looking Up, Why is the Dow in the Dumps?
- Taper Talk Sends Markets Tumbling for Third Straight Day
- General Motors Ditches 7% Stake in PSA and Ford Eyes Consumer Trends In 2014
- Why Cisco Systems Pulled the Dow Lower Today
- S&P 500 Adds Facebook, and Budget News Sinks the Dow