Dow Jones is a publisher of financial news. They are best known as the publisher of the The Wall Street Journal and Barron's, but also provide ticker and broad ticker services and maintain the Dow Jones Industrial Index, and the Dow Jones Transportation Index.
In 2007, Dow, Jones & Company, publisher of the Wall Street Journal, merged with News Corporation, a news organization run by news and entertainment mogul Rupert Murdoch. News Corporation is thought to be readying a financial news channel to compete with General Electric's CNBC.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- S&P 500 Breaks Winning Streak, but Apple and Amazon Are Big Winners
- Apple and Facebook Shine After Hours
- Apple Just Made Its Case to Join the Dow. Will Intel or Cisco Get the Boot?
- Apple Earnings: What the Media Got Wrong
- A Strong Dollar Is Killing Earnings for These Companies
- 1 Innovative, Profitable Company = An Endless Spawn of Competition