Dow Jones is a publisher of financial news. They are best known as the publisher of the The Wall Street Journal and Barron's, but also provide ticker and broad ticker services and maintain the Dow Jones Industrial Index, and the Dow Jones Transportation Index.
In 2007, Dow, Jones & Company, publisher of the Wall Street Journal, merged with News Corporation, a news organization run by news and entertainment mogul Rupert Murdoch. News Corporation is thought to be readying a financial news channel to compete with General Electric's CNBC.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Everyone Is Missing About Elon Musk's Swipes at Apple
- Investors Ignore Geopolitical Risk; Twitter Gets a Boost From Prince Alwaleed
- AB InBev's Offer for SABMiller: Cheap or an Amazing Price?
- 3 Things You Probably Never Knew About Intel Corporation
- Do These 3 Dow Summer Survivors Belong in Your Portfolio?
- Twitter Tries to Fit a Square CEO Into a Round Hole