Dow Jones is a publisher of financial news. They are best known as the publisher of the The Wall Street Journal and Barron's, but also provide ticker and broad ticker services and maintain the Dow Jones Industrial Index, and the Dow Jones Transportation Index.
In 2007, Dow, Jones & Company, publisher of the Wall Street Journal, merged with News Corporation, a news organization run by news and entertainment mogul Rupert Murdoch. News Corporation is thought to be readying a financial news channel to compete with General Electric's CNBC.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Thank These 3 Stocks For February's 1,000-Point Dow Gain
- The Dow Treads Water as Ballard Power, TASER Plunge
- Why Shares of Hewlett-Packard Company Tanked
- 3 Stocks Making Big Moves in a Quiet Market
- Dow Hits All-Time Highs as JPMorgan, Home Depot Power Gains
- Boeing Knocks the Dow From Record Highs as UnitedHealth Climbs