Dow Jones is a publisher of financial news. They are best known as the publisher of the The Wall Street Journal and Barron's, but also provide ticker and broad ticker services and maintain the Dow Jones Industrial Index, and the Dow Jones Transportation Index.
In 2007, Dow, Jones & Company, publisher of the Wall Street Journal, merged with News Corporation, a news organization run by news and entertainment mogul Rupert Murdoch. News Corporation is thought to be readying a financial news channel to compete with General Electric's CNBC.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Worst Stocks for a Stock Market Crash
- Amazon.com Lifts the Nasdaq, After Having Smashed It
- Stocks: Welcome to the Era of "Capital Recycling"
- Stocks: Was One Man Responsible For the 2010 "Flash Crash"?
- Earnings: Is DuPont's Hiccup the Market's Malady?
- UnitedHealth's Earnings Deliver, but Risks Lurk Beneath the Surface