Dow Chemical (NYSE: DOW) is a diversified chemical company. It is headquartered in Midland, Mich. and was founded in 1897.
Book: “Growth Company: Dow Chemical’s First Century,” by E. N. Brandt, Michigan State University Press, East Lansing, MI, 1997. See the review posted on Motley Fool's Books--Non-fiction discussion board: 
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Dow Chemical Co.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Dow Chemical Company Becoming a Deep Value for Investors
- After Monsanto's Roundup Called Probable Carcinogen, is Dow's Defoliant Next?
- Dow Chemical and Monsanto Could Hold the Solution to This Accelerating GMO Problem
- Low Oil Prices Push Dow Chemical Company's Earnings Higher