Dow Chemical (NYSE: DOW) is a diversified chemical company. It is headquartered in Midland, Mich. and was founded in 1897.
Book: “Growth Company: Dow Chemical’s First Century,” by E. N. Brandt, Michigan State University Press, East Lansing, MI, 1997. See the review posted on Motley Fool's Books--Non-fiction discussion board: 
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Energy Stocks That Are Lean, Mean, Dividend Machines
- What the Dow Chemical Company's $20 Billion Growth Project Means to Investors
- 5 Things Dow Chemical Company Management Wants You to Know
- Will This Ruin $124 Billion in Natural Gas Investments? (Hint: It's Not OPEC)
- Gotcha, Wall Street! Falling Oil Prices Boost Dow Chemical Company Earnings