Dow Chemical (NYSE: DOW) is a diversified chemical company. It is headquartered in Midland, Mich. and was founded in 1897.
Book: “Growth Company: Dow Chemical’s First Century,” by E. N. Brandt, Michigan State University Press, East Lansing, MI, 1997. See the review posted on Motley Fool's Books--Non-fiction discussion board: 
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Shorts Are Piling Into These Stocks. Should You Be Worried?
- Monsanto Company's Plan to Silence Its Critics and Save the Honeybees
- Warren Buffett Squares Off With Hedge Funds Over Dow Chemical
- Stock Market Today: Boeing's Beat and Dow Chemical's Raise
- DuPont Earnings: What to Expect From the Chemical Giant