Dow Chemical (NYSE: DOW) is a diversified chemical company. It is headquartered in Midland, Mich. and was founded in 1897.
Book: “Growth Company: Dow Chemical’s First Century,” by E. N. Brandt, Michigan State University Press, East Lansing, MI, 1997. See the review posted on Motley Fool's Books--Non-fiction discussion board: 
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- DuPont Earnings: Will the Stock Bounce Back?
- Are These 28 European Countries About to Open the Door to Monsanto Company?
- Are Stacks on Stacks From Dow Chemical Company a Superweed's Worst Nightmare or Best Friend?
- 3 Great Income Stock Ideas for Your IRA
- Does E I du Pont de Nemours and Co. Deserve its Place on the Dow?