As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Is Jeremy Clarkson's Net Worth?
- According to a New Study, if Banks Fail to Do This They'll "Die"
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Have Now Paid Taxpayers $239 Billion, but What About Their Investors?
- Do You Need a Solo 401(k)?
- How to Apply For Social Security and When to Do It
- Why Criteo SA (ADR) Stock Dropped Today