As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Lessons the Richest Man in the World Learned From Warren Buffett
- Does a Run at the Business World Make Sense for Facebook?
- Here?s What Happens When Bankers Are Tested for Honesty (You Won?t Be Disappointed)
- Comcast Still Battling Customer Service Problems
- IBM Stock: Will This New Technology Kick-Start Big Blue?
- Why "Facebook at Work" Should Scare LinkedIn Investors