As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Wisdom from Warren Buffett?s Golden Anniversary Letter
- If You?re In One of These Groups, You Are a Tax Audit Target
- The Average American Spends This Much Time on Their Tax Return. How Do You Compare?
- A Serial Entrepreneur's Take On Tech, 'Power to the People' and Start-Up Valuations
- 6 Quotes From Berkshire Hathaway's Greatest Ever Shareholder Letter
- 10 Reasons Your Tax Return Could Be Audited