As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Cintas Keeps Squeezing More Profit From Less Business
- At Long Last, McDonald's Is Simplifying Its Menu
- 6 Tips to Protect Newbie Landlords Against Bad Tenant Situations
- Dollar Store Merger Surprise: Pricing is a Key Concern
- Is This Estonian Technology the Future of Online Business?
- Why Are Closing Costs SUCH a Big Deal?