As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why MannKind Is Poised to Pull Back
- Microsoft's Sneaky Apple Attack
- Allegations of Homeowner Abuse Won't Help Bank of America Regain Mortgage Business
- A Day of Accounting Scandals and Irrational Market Exuberance
- Here's 1 Reason ARC Document Solutions Looks Weak
- Microsoft Launches Office Mobile for iPhone