As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Halliburton Sees a Significant Market Turn
- BofI Holding Inc: Continually the Best in Class - With Good Reason
- 3 Things University of Phoenix Can Do to Ace the Next Review
- Why Herbalife, Chipotle Mexican Grill, and FuelCell Energy Are Today's 3 Best Stocks
- Why Narcissistic CEOs Make More Money, But Are Bad for Business
- Your Cable Bill: Can You Handle the Truth?