As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The U.S. Government Is Cracking Down on So-Called "Unlimited" Data Plans
- Shake Shack Inc's IPO Is Too Rich for My Blood
- Leaked Document Could Shatter UK Shale Dreams
- OpenText Keeps Climbing Into the Cloud, but 2015 Will Be Its Real Test
- 2 Things Microsoft Wants Investors to Know About the New Office
- 3 Reasons Not to Buy Into the Box, Inc. IPO