As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Realty Income Corp's Business Model Explained in 6 Easy Steps
- 5 Things Mortgage Lenders Need to Know About Your Money
- 3 Key Takeaways From the 2014 Social Security Trustees Report
- Putting the Squeeze on Putin
- Are You Really Approved for That Home Loan?
- Alleged Apple, Inc. iPhone 6 Leak Supports Evidence for Larger Display