As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Ways Microsoft Corporation Can Hit A Homerun With Windows 9
- Why It?s Too Soon to Write off Elon Musk?s Hyperloop
- Why NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Stock Plunged
- Netflix vs. Hulu Plus: Is the Battle Already Over?
- 3 Surprising Ways 3D Printing Is Already Revolutionizing Your Healthcare
- How I Beat Student Debt (and You Can, Too)