As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Smart Saving for College -- Better Buy Degrees
- Why Do Banks Have Such a Bad Rap?
- Apple Stock Has Served Investors Massive Gains
- LA Sues Wells Fargo, Citigroup Over Foreclosures in Minority Communities
- Congress Asked to Approve $137 Million Arms Sale to Austria
- Which Beauty Stock Will Prevail Over Christmas?