As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is There Room for Another Wireless Carrier in the U.S.?
- What Is an LLC? It?s How You Might Organize Your Business
- Can the Apple Watch Avoid the Same Problems as FitBit?
- Why The FCC Should Be Skeptical of AT&T's Broadband Claims
- Everything We Know About Amazon Drone Delivery
- Social Security Myths and Misconceptions