As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Ambarella Stock a Buy?
- Zillow Group Stock Is Down About 50%. Time to Buy?
- Amazon.com Inc. Lays Out the Blueprint to Its Drone Program
- 5 Midyear Tax Checkups Every American Should Do
- What Is Donald Trump's Net Worth?
- Lockheed Martin's Littoral Combat Ship Is Finally Making Headway -- but Is It Too Late?