As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Dear Brian Moynihan: You?ve Done a Good Job so Far, But Now Comes the Hard Part
- GameStop's Problems are Only Beginning
- Will Obama's Immigration Plan Be A Big Win For Wal-Mart?
- Delta (DAL) Stock: How Big is Its Fuel Advantage?
- Does a Run at the Business World Make Sense for Facebook?
- Here?s What Happens When Bankers Are Tested for Honesty (You Won?t Be Disappointed)