As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Sarepta Therapeutics: Discretion Is the Better Part of Valor
- We're Gearing Up for Another Inspiring Season of Giving
- Can Pandora's Rdio Buyout Make Up Lost Ground Against Apple Music and Spotify?
- Future of Hewlett Packard Still Uncertain After Split
- BioMarin's DMD Drug Faces Obstacles Tomorrow
- 3 Obamacare Concerns for the Healthcare Industry