As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Hertz Global Holdings Shares Drop After Guidance Withdrawn
- The Biggest Risk to Google, Inc.'s One-Stop Information Shop
- Microsoft Corporation Wants A Piece of Amazon?s $50 Billion Business
- The Blackberry Passport Has Business Written All Over It
- Are GoPro's Content Plans Enough to Support Its Valuation?
- What the BlackBerry Passport Tells us About the Company?s Future