A distribution is a payment made from a qualified retirement plan to the account holder or beneficiary. Qualified plans include IRA, 401(k), 403(b), 457, etc. The distribution is a taxable event, which is reported to the IRS and must be reported on your annual income tax returns.
Disambiguation: Distribution also refers to the system of warehouses that allows a manufacturer or importer to ship usually truckload quantities from his factory. The distribution center typically holds quantities of the product and ships mixed case lots to individual stores or their regional distribution centers. The distribution center may be owned by the manufacturer, the retailer or a middle man distributor.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- MLPs: Drilling Down Into BreitBurn Energy Partners L.P.?s Horizontal Strategy Shift
- Dominion Resources Inc. Wants You to Know its Future is Bright ... and Gassy
- 3 Reasons You Should Consider Buying This High-Yield Dividend Growth Champion Today
- Magellan Midstream Partners: Fantastic Business, Bad Investment Today
- 3 Stocks That Just Raised Their Dividends
- 3 Reasons Pioneer Natural Resources' Stock Could Rise Again