A distribution is a payment made from a qualified retirement plan to the account holder or beneficiary. Qualified plans include IRA, 401(k), 403(b), 457, etc. The distribution is a taxable event, which is reported to the IRS and must be reported on your annual income tax returns.
Disambiguation: Distribution also refers to the system of warehouses that allows a manufacturer or importer to ship usually truckload quantities from his factory. The distribution center typically holds quantities of the product and ships mixed case lots to individual stores or their regional distribution centers. The distribution center may be owned by the manufacturer, the retailer or a middle man distributor.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- With "The Walking Dead," AMC Networks Inc. Consumes Estimates, Preys on Fear
- Why BreitBurn Energy Partners LP Could Be About to Report a Huge Loss
- 5 Critical Takeaways From Berkshire Hathaway's 50th Anniversary Meeting
- "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" Could Lead Disney to $3 Billion In Studio Profits
- 5 Things AT&T's Management Wants Investors to Know
- The Best Way to Invest Money in Bank Stocks