A distribution is a payment made from a qualified retirement plan to the account holder or beneficiary. Qualified plans include IRA, 401(k), 403(b), 457, etc. The distribution is a taxable event, which is reported to the IRS and must be reported on your annual income tax returns.
Disambiguation: Distribution also refers to the system of warehouses that allows a manufacturer or importer to ship usually truckload quantities from his factory. The distribution center typically holds quantities of the product and ships mixed case lots to individual stores or their regional distribution centers. The distribution center may be owned by the manufacturer, the retailer or a middle man distributor.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Selling Seadrill For This Reason is the Dumbest Thing You Could Do Right Now
- 3 Key Takeaways From BreitBurn Energy Partners LP Earnings
- After a Record Smashing Quarter 4 Things All Dividend Frac Sand Investors Need to Know
- A Solar Behemoth May be Growing Right Under Our Noses
- Why Dish Network Thinks the Comcast-Time Warner Merger Is Terrible for Consumers
- Oil Stocks: What Linn Energy's Latest Move Means for Future Dividend Growth