A distribution is a payment made from a qualified retirement plan to the account holder or beneficiary. Qualified plans include IRA, 401(k), 403(b), 457, etc. The distribution is a taxable event, which is reported to the IRS and must be reported on your annual income tax returns.
Disambiguation: Distribution also refers to the system of warehouses that allows a manufacturer or importer to ship usually truckload quantities from his factory. The distribution center typically holds quantities of the product and ships mixed case lots to individual stores or their regional distribution centers. The distribution center may be owned by the manufacturer, the retailer or a middle man distributor.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Lumber Liquidators: Uncertainty Prevails With Earnings Around the Corner
- What Did AT&T Agree to in Order to Win FCC Approval for Its DirecTV Deal?
- The EU Takes on Walt Disney Co., Time Warner, Inc., and Other Studios
- Is SunEdison Trying to Conquer the Wind Industry With This $2 Billion Acquisition?
- Trex Co. Inc. Moving From Turnaround to International Growth?
- These Stocks Just Raised Their Dividends