A distribution is a payment made from a qualified retirement plan to the account holder or beneficiary. Qualified plans include IRA, 401(k), 403(b), 457, etc. The distribution is a taxable event, which is reported to the IRS and must be reported on your annual income tax returns.
Disambiguation: Distribution also refers to the system of warehouses that allows a manufacturer or importer to ship usually truckload quantities from his factory. The distribution center typically holds quantities of the product and ships mixed case lots to individual stores or their regional distribution centers. The distribution center may be owned by the manufacturer, the retailer or a middle man distributor.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons Kinder Morgan Inc. Shares Could Soar
- 3 Reasons United Continental Holdings Inc's Stock Could Rise
- Should GoPro Stock Investors Be Concerned About HTC?s New Camera?
- Is General Mills a Good Dividend Stock to Buy Now?
- Dividend Aristocrats: Time to Buy The Coca-Cola Company?
- Does Comcast Corporation's $2.5 Billion Buyback Make Sense?