Demand deposit account
Investment accounts and certificates of deposit (CDs) are not considered DDAs because the bank is not obligated to return your money on demand, instead you must follow the bank's rules and you will receive your money back at the contracted time, sometimes with penalties for early withdrawal.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Light at the End of the Tunnel for Freeport-McMoRan and Newmont Mining
- Is the Lithium Market Hiding Big Risks?
- 5 Things BofI Holding, Inc. Shareholders Should Know Now
- A Top European 3-D Printing Company Plans an IPO in the U.S.
- These 3 Charts Show Why New York Community Bancorp Is So Unique
- Will Wells Fargo & Co. Earnings Keep Crushing Its Peers?