A default occurs when a borrower fails to make interest payments or refund the principal as required by the terms of the debt instrument. A default empowers the lender to take legal action to recover its funds. Those actions can include foreclosure, seizure of assets, or forcing the borrower into bankruptcy court.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Microsoft Must Launch Cortana For iOS and Android
- 3 Reasons Microsoft Corporation's Windows 9 Will Succeed
- Better Dividend Stock: ARMOUR Residential REIT Inc. or Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc.?
- Is Apple Pay Going to Kill Your Credit Card?
- You Can Learn How to Make Money Investing: Just Do It!
- The 3 Best Stocks to Invest in Solar