Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Amazon Fire TV Stick a Google Chromecast Killer?
- 3D Printing Stocks: Why Expertise Could Become More Important Than Products
- Tesla Motors Inc's Secret Growth Weapon -- Hint: It's Not Cars
- Changes Coming to JetBlue Airways Corporation: But What Are They?
- Why Verizon Communications Inc. Is One of the Biggest Warren Buffett Stocks
- What Investors Need to Know About Amazon.com Inc's Cash Flows