Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Citrix Systems, Inc.'s Results Are a Mixed Bag
- Why Baidu Inc.?s Multiyear Stock Surge Is at Risk in 2015
- Cable Bill Too High but Not Ready to Cut the Cord? Here's What Some People Are Doing.
- AT&T Inc. Earnings: New Sales Tactics Curb Profit Margins
- 5 Things Netflix, Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Is McDonald's on the Right Track to Turn Around Its U.S. Sales?