Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Radical Plan to Force the Biggest Banks to Pay the Government $86 Billion
- Which Midcap Cloud Stock Is the Best Long-Term Investment?
- How PepsiCo, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Doritos Locos Demonstrate the Power of 1
- Baidu Can Capitalize on China's E-Commerce Growth Without Selling a Thing to Consumers
- Peter Lynch's 2 Key Tips for Young Investors
- How Warren Buffett Borrows $77 Billion for Free