Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- $450 for a Credit Card? It Might Be Worth It
- Apple Pay Is the Catalyst for a Digital Wallet Revolution
- 1 Retail Stock to Ditch in 2015
- Tesla Motors, Inc. Expands to Australia -- What You Need to Know
- Can Boeing's 777 Hold the Fort Till the 777X Takes Flight?
- T-Mobile's John Legere Sticks It to Competitors Again With "Data Stash"