Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Wal-Mart Could Change the Landscape of American Banking
- What a la Carte Cable Has to Do With the Dish Network-Turner Broadcasting Dispute
- 5 Things Norfolk Southern Corp.'s Management Wants You to Know
- United Parcel Service Inc. Reports Earnings: The Key Number You Need to Follow
- Apple's Plan to Takeover the Car is Finally Here
- 3 Reasons Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.'s Stock Could Tumble