Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Companies with Better Dividends Than Annaly Capital Management, Inc.
- The Sorry State of Sam's Club, and Why Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Can't Give Up on the Warehouse
- 1 Utility May Find the Future of Energy More Difficult Than Anticipated
- Advertisers are Begging Car Companies for Your Data
- Netflix, Inc. Silences Its Critics With a Strong Finish to 2014
- Uncle Sam's Latest Gift to Consumers: a Higher Cable Bill