Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Things You Need To Know About Apple's Force Touch iPhones
- What Do Cable Customers Want More Than Anything Else?
- How You Can Ditch Comcast, Time Warner, and Big Cable for Internet Service
- 3 Things Wells Fargo Wants You to Know
- People Are Really Bad at Estimating Their TV Habits
- 3 Tech Stocks Wall Street Is Too Bullish On