Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Retailer?s ?Magic? Revealed! 11 Tricky Schemes to Get You to Spend More
- Costco, Whole Foods, and The Container Store: 3 Companies Proving That Happy Employees Can Make Shar
- Is This the Future of 3-D Printing?
- Why Natural Gas Could Save Coal
- 1 BIG Reason to Like This Tiny Water Utility
- 1 Massive Game-Changer for Renewables