Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Everything You Need to Know About Google's Fi Wireless Service
- Google Inc.?s Chrome Update Could Be a Game Changer for Android Devices
- Why McDonald's Corporation's Investors Shouldn't Be Lovin The Latest Report
- Is Verizon Right to Sacrifice Subscribers for Profits?
- Should Apple Inc. Be Worried About This Apple Pay Rival?
- Citigroup and AT&T Want To Give You Your Next iPhone For Free (Seriously)