The credit limit is the maximum amount of money that may be charged to your credit card account. The issuer will usually allow you to carry the full amount as an unpaid balance provided you make minimum payments and pay the finance charges due each month. Most charge additional fees if your account exceeds the credit limit.
Related Fool Articles
- 60-Second Guide to Getting Out of Debt
- 60-Second Guide to Perfect Credit
- How-To Guide: Reduce Your Debt
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will Charging Your Holiday Shopping Hurt Your Credit Score?
- 4 Tech Billionaires You?ve Likely Never Heard Of
- Retirement Planning in 2015: 6 Numbers You Must Know
- Life's Unanswered Questions
- Social Security in 2015: 5 Things to Prepare For Next Year
- Should American Airlines Group, Inc. Return to Fuel Hedging?