The credit limit is the maximum amount of money that may be charged to your credit card account. The issuer will usually allow you to carry the full amount as an unpaid balance provided you make minimum payments and pay the finance charges due each month. Most charge additional fees if your account exceeds the credit limit.
Related Fool Articles
- 60-Second Guide to Getting Out of Debt
- 60-Second Guide to Perfect Credit
- How-To Guide: Reduce Your Debt
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Behind the Curtain: SolarCity May Not Be the Rockstar It Claims to Be
- Fifth Street Finance Corp. Gets Slapped With a Downgrade From Fitch
- Samsung's Apple Pay Clone Will Be Far Superior
- Will This Deal Allow Samsung to Take on Apple Pay?
- 3 Things T-Mobile CEO John Legere Wants Investors to Know
- SunEdison Earnings: Will Low Oil Prices Eclipse the Solar Energy Boom?