The credit limit is the maximum amount of money that may be charged to your credit card account. The issuer will usually allow you to carry the full amount as an unpaid balance provided you make minimum payments and pay the finance charges due each month. Most charge additional fees if your account exceeds the credit limit.
Related Fool Articles
- 60-Second Guide to Getting Out of Debt
- 60-Second Guide to Perfect Credit
- How-To Guide: Reduce Your Debt
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Ask a Fool: When Do You Know to Sell a Stock?
- Corporate Culture
- 3 Real Risks Fairmont Santrol Investors Need to Know About
- John Legere, T-Mobile Taking on Data Thieves
- Phillips 66 Partners Still Looks Expensive, but Here's Why You Should Consider Buying It
- 3 Ways Carbo Ceramics Plans to Survive the Oil Crash