The credit limit is the maximum amount of money that may be charged to your credit card account. The issuer will usually allow you to carry the full amount as an unpaid balance provided you make minimum payments and pay the finance charges due each month. Most charge additional fees if your account exceeds the credit limit.
Related Fool Articles
- 60-Second Guide to Getting Out of Debt
- 60-Second Guide to Perfect Credit
- How-To Guide: Reduce Your Debt
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Original Content is Making Netflix, Inc. a Riskier Bet
- How Risky Is Annaly Capital Management, Inc. Really?
- McDonald's Corporation's 2014 Collapse Ends an Enviable 30-Year Reign
- Amazon.com Inc. Yanks Amazon Wallet and Elements Diapers; Investors Ought to Cheer
- What Google Mobile Payment Talks With Softcard Mean For Apple Pay
- The Average American's Net Worth By Age: Here's Where You Stand