The credit limit is the maximum amount of money that may be charged to your credit card account. The issuer will usually allow you to carry the full amount as an unpaid balance provided you make minimum payments and pay the finance charges due each month. Most charge additional fees if your account exceeds the credit limit.
Related Fool Articles
- 60-Second Guide to Getting Out of Debt
- 60-Second Guide to Perfect Credit
- How-To Guide: Reduce Your Debt
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Does Google Inc. Think Wireless Data Should Come a la Carte? What a Leaked Bit of Info Might Tell Us
- Don?t Be a Victim of this Student-Loan Scam
- 6 Money Lies We All Believe
- What Is Medicare? And What Does It Mean to Me?
- How Corning Incorporated is Bringing OLED Lighting Into the Mainstream
- 4 Investments You Can Make Completely Tax Free