The credit limit is the maximum amount of money that may be charged to your credit card account. The issuer will usually allow you to carry the full amount as an unpaid balance provided you make minimum payments and pay the finance charges due each month. Most charge additional fees if your account exceeds the credit limit.
Related Fool Articles
- 60-Second Guide to Getting Out of Debt
- 60-Second Guide to Perfect Credit
- How-To Guide: Reduce Your Debt
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Is a Credit Union -- And Is It Right for You?
- Do You Have Good Debt or Bad Debt?
- Is Vodafone Going to Kill Visa's Chances in Emerging Markets?
- SodaStream or Coca-Cola: What Would Warren Buffett Buy Today?
- Why Shares of Renewable Energy Group Inc Plunged Today
- What ?Fargo?s? Debut Ratings Mean for FX?s Future