The credit limit is the maximum amount of money that may be charged to your credit card account. The issuer will usually allow you to carry the full amount as an unpaid balance provided you make minimum payments and pay the finance charges due each month. Most charge additional fees if your account exceeds the credit limit.
Related Fool Articles
- 60-Second Guide to Getting Out of Debt
- 60-Second Guide to Perfect Credit
- How-To Guide: Reduce Your Debt
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Big Can a Social Security Check Be?
- STAG Industrial Keeps Growing, but How Far Can It Expand?
- Burger King vs. McDonald's: Which One is Better?
- The New Wage Base for 2015 Social Security Taxes and Benefits
- Is Comcast's Time Warner Cable Acquisition in Jeopardy?
- 3 Ways Target Plans to Dominate the Holidays