The credit limit is the maximum amount of money that may be charged to your credit card account. The issuer will usually allow you to carry the full amount as an unpaid balance provided you make minimum payments and pay the finance charges due each month. Most charge additional fees if your account exceeds the credit limit.
Related Fool Articles
- 60-Second Guide to Getting Out of Debt
- 60-Second Guide to Perfect Credit
- How-To Guide: Reduce Your Debt
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Death of Cable: Sony Wants in on the Online Streaming Game
- HBO and Time Warner Take On Netflix, But Is It a Mistake?
- 76 Million Households Affected in JPMorgan Chase Bank Breach
- Where Can You Buy Bitcoins?
- 5 Ways Americans Sabotage Their Savings
- 3 Ways to Invest in a Future Multi-Trillion Dollar Graphene Market