The credit limit is the maximum amount of money that may be charged to your credit card account. The issuer will usually allow you to carry the full amount as an unpaid balance provided you make minimum payments and pay the finance charges due each month. Most charge additional fees if your account exceeds the credit limit.
Related Fool Articles
- 60-Second Guide to Getting Out of Debt
- 60-Second Guide to Perfect Credit
- How-To Guide: Reduce Your Debt
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 1 Big Mistake Millennials Are Making
- Target Turns Heads in a Big Way at New York Fashion Week
- 5 Dividend Stocks That Could Double Your Money in 10 Years
- Why You May Lose a Bidding War, but Still Get the House
- Will Citigroup's Newest Credit Card Help or Hurt Consumers?
- How Being Selfish Now Can Pay Off in Retirement