The credit limit is the maximum amount of money that may be charged to your credit card account. The issuer will usually allow you to carry the full amount as an unpaid balance provided you make minimum payments and pay the finance charges due each month. Most charge additional fees if your account exceeds the credit limit.
Related Fool Articles
- 60-Second Guide to Getting Out of Debt
- 60-Second Guide to Perfect Credit
- How-To Guide: Reduce Your Debt
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Nip Identity Theft in the Bud This Holiday Season by Following 7 Simple Steps
- How Intel Corp. Might Be Coping With High-End Skylake Processor Shortages
- 4 Mistakes to Avoid on Black Friday
- Will Samsung Pay Become More Popular Than Apple Pay?
- 5 Dividend Stocks to Buy in November
- Bulls vs. Bears: Who Is Right About Cisco Systems Inc.?