Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- A Bear Market for Iron Ore Is Bad News for These Miners
- The 1 Way These High-Yield Stocks Can Crush Investors
- Roku's Streaming Stick Is a Disruptor
- Weekend Box Office: ?300? Sequel Reigns; ?Peabody & Sherman? a Solid Second
- Why Fox?s ?Cosmos? Is a Smart Risk
- Oil Eases America's Rocky Relationship with These 7 Countries