Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Can You Qualify For The Home Of Your Dreams?
- 5 of the Biggest Tech Trends You Need to Watch in 2015
- Americans Will Throw Away 25% More Trash Over the Holidays -- and These Companies Are Happy to Clean
- How to Avoid Credit Score and Credit Report Scams
- Is SolarCity Stock a Bargain for Investors?
- 7 Valuable Insights from America's Best Big Bank