Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- France Bans Free Delivery. Will it Hurt Amazon Prime?
- Which Of These 3 High-Yielding REITs Is Best for Your Portfolio?
- Apollo Investment Corp: Will Diversification Prevent Past Troubles From Happening Again?
- Latest eBay Data Breach Shows Deeper Security Concerns Than Reported
- Should Hollywood Be Afraid of Horror Movies?
- 1 Simple Strategy to Invest in Annaly Capital Management, Inc. With Less Risk