Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Box Office: Is Marvel's 'Guardians of the Galaxy' One for the Record Books?
- Apollo Investment Corp. and Golub Capital BDC Inc: How BDC Lending Can Differ
- How Adidas Could Overtake Nike in Sneaker Sales by 2018
- This Warren Buffett Stock Pick Is a Dividend Investor's Dream
- Bond Prices and Interest Rates
- Could We Unlock More Than 267 Billion Barrels of Oil in America?