Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Citrix Systems, Inc.'s Results Are a Mixed Bag
- Why eBay Inc.?s Billion Dollar Investments Are So Smart
- 2 Things Altria Group Dividend Investors Need to Know
- 2 Safe Dividend Stocks for Your Income Portfolio
- 6 Common Application and Screening Mistakes Property Managers Make
- 4 Surprising Things Kenny G Can Teach You About Money