Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 7 Ways to Boost Your Credit Score This Month
- How 1 Company May Change Banking As We Know It
- Move Over Galaxy Note Edge, Samsung Has Bigger Plans for 2015
- Solar is Disrupting the $2 Trillion Energy Industry: This CEO Tells You How
- Retirement Investing: Could This Be The Safest 8% Return You?ll Ever Find?
- A Simple Truth About Banks: Over the Long Run, Most Don't Make Money