Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 15 Mortgage Questions and Answers for First-Time Homebuyers
- 74% of Millennials Are Making a Huge Financial Mistake -- Don't Be One of Them
- 3 Reasons It?s Dumb to Take Social Security Benefits at 70
- Billionaires Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk Clash in Reusable Rocket Race
- Social Security: 3 Lessons America Learned From the File-and-Suspend Fiasco
- Mortgage Rates Are Low -- So Why Aren't People Buying Homes?