Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 of Our Favorite Hedge Fund Managers
- 3 Companies with Better Dividends Than Annaly Capital Management, Inc.
- Architects of Success: 3 Leaders Who Started With a Vision and Built an Empire
- The Most Important Money Mistake to Avoid
- T-Mobile US Inc.'s New Cheap Plans Keep the Carrier One Step Ahead of Sprint
- Why Bankruptcy Isn't a "Get Out of Debt Free" Card