Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- General Motors Company: Is This Stock a Buy?
- 5 Things Anadarko Petroleum Corporation's Management Wants You to Know
- The 3 Best Stocks for Investing in Movies and Television
- American Express EveryDay Card: A Great Choice for Frequent Users
- 1 Huge Win for Main Street Capital and Triangle Capital
- Hate Your Bank? You're Not Alone