Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Exotic Mortgage Loans Are Making a Comeback: Should We Be Worried?
- 3 Things Wells Fargo Wants You to Know
- General Motors: What Investors Need to Know About Its $600 Million Special Item
- What Rising Rates Mean for Prospect Capital Corp.
- The 5 Best Stocks to Invest in Commodities
- 3 Stocks to Watch in Infrastructure Spending