Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why American Express Gave Costco the Boot (and Not the Other Way Around)
- 3 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Your Credit Score
- An Argument for Buying Expensive Stocks
- Is Blackstone Group About to Make a $1.5 Billion Deal?
- Why This Popular Clothing Store Isn't Built to Last
- How Did Shopify and Bigcommerce Beat Amazon At Its Own Game?