Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- MLPs: Vanguard Natural Resources LLC Scoops Up LRR Energy LP in a $539 Million Deal
- How Will Apple Pay Fare in its Canadian Roll Out?
- Does Google Inc. Think Wireless Data Should Come a la Carte? What a Leaked Bit of Info Might Tell Us
- Changes to Credit Scoring and Reporting You Need to Know About
- 3 Simple Ways to Become a Millionaire
- The Simple Financial Trick That Can Save You Thousands