Causes and Effects of the Credit Crunch
There is some disagreement about the causes of the credit crunch, as well as about how lasting and extensive the effects will be. There seems to be some consensus, however, that easy lending practices and transference of risk played a part in causing the trouble. Consensus on the effects is much harder to come by, with some saying we are about to enjoy a resurgence in the financial markets, and others saying that we are about to enter another Great Depression. The actions of government and business will likely affect the outcome.
- I'm Beating the Credit Crunch
- Credit Crunch Squeezes "Safe" Investments
- The Credit Crunch on Housing
- The End by Michael Lewis
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Standard vs. Itemized Deduction: Plan Ahead to Lower Your Taxes
- Magellan Midstream Partners (MMP): 3 Reasons Why All Dividend Investors Should Consider This Income
- Investing in Socially Responsible Companies: Spirit Airlines
- Wal-Mart vs. Costco: Can You Guess the Better Retailer?
- 3 Money Moves to Make Before a Career Change
- Should American Airlines Group, Inc. Return to Fuel Hedging?