Causes and Effects of the Credit Crunch
There is some disagreement about the causes of the credit crunch, as well as about how lasting and extensive the effects will be. There seems to be some consensus, however, that easy lending practices and transference of risk played a part in causing the trouble. Consensus on the effects is much harder to come by, with some saying we are about to enjoy a resurgence in the financial markets, and others saying that we are about to enter another Great Depression. The actions of government and business will likely affect the outcome.
- I'm Beating the Credit Crunch
- Credit Crunch Squeezes "Safe" Investments
- The Credit Crunch on Housing
- The End by Michael Lewis
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Ukrainian Crisis: Will Russian ADRs Take a Hit?
- This $30 Billion Hedge Fund Sold J.C. Penney. I Would, Too
- This Multimillon-Dollar Market Sage Sold J.C. Penney. Should You Sell, Too?
- The Most Financially Irresponsible Guy I Know Might Be Better Off Than You
- Get Paid Almost 1% Each Month With This Oil Stock
- Shares of Republic Airways Holdings Inc. Just Went on Sale