A credit bureau is an organization that maintains records on the credit worthiness of individuals. Most now use a credit score system that keeps track of credit history and considers factors like late payments, number and amounts of outstanding loans, credit card balances and income. Credit score now seems to have displaced the previously used credit rating system. A credit bureau will issue a credit report on the borrower on request.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
- Credit approval
- Credit card
- Credit card balance
- Credit history
- Credit rating
- Credit score
- Credit worthiness
- Late payment
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What?s the Biggest Obstacle to Homeownership?
- Does a Mortgage Refinance Make Sense?
- You'll Never Guess Who Made This Year's Naughty List (Hint: It's Not Bank of America)
- Your Game Plan for Getting the Highest Credit Score Possible
- Everything You Need to Know Before Settling Debt
- 10 Smart Money Moves to Make Before 2015