A credit bureau is an organization that maintains records on the credit worthiness of individuals. Most now use a credit score system that keeps track of credit history and considers factors like late payments, number and amounts of outstanding loans, credit card balances and income. Credit score now seems to have displaced the previously used credit rating system. A credit bureau will issue a credit report on the borrower on request.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
- Credit approval
- Credit card
- Credit card balance
- Credit history
- Credit rating
- Credit score
- Credit worthiness
- Late payment
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Are Too Many Seniors Losing Control of Their Credit Cards?
- A Good Credit Score Might Get Easier to Attain, but Is This a Good Thing?
- Is There Such a Thing As a Free Credit Score?
- A Tale of Two Nations: The Best and Worst States for Credit Conditions
- Beware the Perils of Prepaid Cards
- Will a Subprime Auto Loan Bubble Trigger Another Recession?