A credit bureau is an organization that maintains records on the credit worthiness of individuals. Most now use a credit score system that keeps track of credit history and considers factors like late payments, number and amounts of outstanding loans, credit card balances and income. Credit score now seems to have displaced the previously used credit rating system. A credit bureau will issue a credit report on the borrower on request.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
- Credit approval
- Credit card
- Credit card balance
- Credit history
- Credit rating
- Credit score
- Credit worthiness
- Late payment
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 10 Immediate Steps to Start Planning for Retirement in Your 40s
- 10 Largest Capital Expenditures in Retirement
- Americans' Average Net Worth by Age -- How Do You Compare?
- Here?s the Average Urban American?s Cost of Living: How Do You Compare?
- Better Credit? Get Cheaper Insurance
- If Perception Is Reality, Then the Middle Class Is in Big Trouble