A credit bureau is an organization that maintains records on the credit worthiness of individuals. Most now use a credit score system that keeps track of credit history and considers factors like late payments, number and amounts of outstanding loans, credit card balances and income. Credit score now seems to have displaced the previously used credit rating system. A credit bureau will issue a credit report on the borrower on request.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
- Credit approval
- Credit card
- Credit card balance
- Credit history
- Credit rating
- Credit score
- Credit worthiness
- Late payment
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The 3 Best Small-Cap Tech Stocks to Buy Now
- The Patriotic Tax Deduction Few Americans Know About
- Another Compelling Reason Why Housing Could Soar in 2015
- Philanthropy Trends to Take Advantage of in 2015
- Renewable Energy Jobs Soar, But What Does It Mean for Investors?
- The Average American Pays This Amount For Cable, How Do You Compare?