The price for a futures contract with a delivery date in four months would be higher than the price for a contract with a delivery date in two months. The opposite situation is backwardation.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Best Indicator That Oil Prices Will Rise -- Quickly
- Betting On an Oil Rebound? Beware This Hidden Risk
- The Crazy Way Oil Traders Plan to Make Millions on Oil Prices
- US Sees Huge Energy Opportunity In Europe
- 3 Reasons Why Long-Term Investors Should Avoid This Energy ETF
- Will the Natural Gas Market Continue to Cool Down?