The price for a futures contract with a delivery date in four months would be higher than the price for a contract with a delivery date in two months. The opposite situation is backwardation.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons This High-Yield Oil Company Embraces Cheap Oil With Open Arms
- The Reemergence of the WTI/Brent Spread
- What Happens to Shipping if Cheap Oil is Here to Stay?
- This Key Market Signal Says Oil Is Heading to $60 a Barrel
- The Best Indicator That Oil Prices Will Rise -- Quickly
- Betting On an Oil Rebound? Beware This Hidden Risk