The price for a futures contract with a delivery date in four months would be higher than the price for a contract with a delivery date in two months. The opposite situation is backwardation.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons Why Long-Term Investors Should Avoid This Energy ETF
- Will the Natural Gas Market Continue to Cool Down?
- Are High Natural Gas Prices Here to Stay?
- 3 Small-Cap Oil and Gas Stocks You Should Be Watching
- Will Natural Gas Continue to Rally?
- Is Now the Time for a Bargain Hunter to Invest in Stone Energy?